Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2006 CTSV 41k miles
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it's time to join a V forum as I have finally started to to do something with it. Long story short I purchased this 06 V in 2009, sold it to my Dad 11/2010 w/32k miles and bought it from my mom in 2019 after my Dad passed. He LOVED this car and drove it to every car show he could make it to from 2011 to 2018. We used to talk a lot about how much that LS2 needs to breath and would be so cool with just a few performance mods. He was not able to make that happen so I am starting that process for us. The car has 41k miles on it today. So far I survived the install of the BBE long tubes, high flow cats and exhaust over the past 2 weekends. Nothing is easy access and thankfully I have a friend with a bad ass shop with a lift as I cant imagine doing that without (at age 55). Love the quality look and sound of the BBE products. 304 SS and 100% Tig welded and Made in the USA.... I have settled on the Cam kit which I will be ordering tomorrow from BTR and hoping everything will be in stock. Lot of other mods that can be done but getting it to sound like a bad ass LS2 is what I wanted to do first. If anyone is planning a long tube in a Gen 1 and has any questions its all very fresh in my mind and the cuts and bruises on my arms and hands are still there.

The My06V title was my Dads license plate so thought it was fitting

One last thing, I was the first to get 06 V insured via Hagerty's Classic Car Insurance a few year ago so anyone who has one that is not a daily driver check it out. Great price and the value they put on it is $30k. Was a fun process as I had to prove to them what was classic/special about the car for them to add. Also got my 06 Jeep LJ added at the same time and it was the first. They have it valued higher than the V.

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
465 Posts
Welcome. Awesome that you’re building what your dad loved

· Registered
2006 CTSV 41k miles
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have to admit about half way through this all I was thinking is what the #[email protected]& am I doing, this car ran perfectly fine and plenty of power for just hitting the north GA mountain roads occasionally . As I noted in original post the removal of oem exhaust and install of the BBE headers was not easy and time consuming. Some of that is just never did it before in such a confined space. The Cam process was equal in difficulty and wish I had planned both at same time as I had to do shit twice and simple things like during headers I installed new $80 iridium plugs and 2 weeks later due to cam I needed different plugs. Also the plug wires don't all fit good with headers so will be working on a better fitment there. That said finished the job yesterday at 1pm and dropped it of to tuner for a few hours. Drove it home at 8pm last night and could not stop smiling. All the pain of the install went away on that ride as the power feel is more than I expected. And it sounds bad ass. Thanks to my friend Tim for the help I'm proud to say the mods done to date are all sweat equity. Problem is he says all the money I saved on labor should go towards a supercharger. I'm thinking coilovers first.

Billy Boat complete exhaust system
1 7/8" long tubes, high flow cats, x pipe, 3" all the way out to mufflers.

BTR cam kit
LS3 Stage 2 red hot
CHE trunnion kit
160 deg thermostat
NGK BR6EF
dragonfire wires

Spartan LSX
tuner --when I pulled up he said that is the cleanest V1 I have ever seen.

Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky
Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

· Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Be careful with that rear end because they're prone to failure with sustained wheel hop or added power. Maybe look into upgrading with a diff from Creative Steel for peace of mind. My nephew has a V1 in a light metallic blue grey which is still in mint condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts