Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally making progress. Installed my hood over the weekend and painted my calipers.

Not sure on the calipers but I can say I like them better than the silver. I'm always trying to be different and that's hard to do on this forum lol. There's actually a lot of depth and shimmer to the orange, it just doesn't show up in my phone pics.

Anyways, enjoy!

I'll eventually paint the hood when I tire of the carbon look. Just partial paint, probably leave the cowl exposed. The calipers will depend on what wheels and color i decide to go with. That will be a while so for now they're orange.

Now I can install my ZL1 lid and HX and I don't have to lower the engine like I planned!

Reactions: hattori

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Nice! What did you use on the calipers?

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dupli-color metalcast. Just the anodized orange over stock base silver. Decal shows right through. Credit goes to Barryg and his plastidip and caliper paint thread. I was hoping it would be a bit more copper but it's a lotta orange.

Reactions: Barryg

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hood looks great

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sweet! How many coats and cans did u use on the calipers? Gotta change my boring silver to most likely red.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up doing 4 coats of metalcast to even it all out. The more coats you put on the darker it gets. Did 3 coats of high temp clear.

Sorry the pics don't show that well but it really looks like a candy paint. I think all the metalcast has this look.

Reactions: Icemanthrilla

·
Premium Member
7,119 Posts
I ended up doing 4 coats of metalcast to even it all out. The more coats you put on the darker it gets. Did 3 coats of high temp clear.

Sorry the pics don't show that well but it really looks like a candy paint. I think all the metalcast has this look.
1 can of each was enough for all for calipers right? I will be doing the blue soon and want to make sure I order enough.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!

I haven't made up my mind on what I want to do with the lid. I got the ZL1 plastics and haven't decided if I'm going to use it as is, paint it, or not have any shroud. I'm also trying to decide what I want to do with the strut brace. My piss poor planning seems to change day to day.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 can of each was enough for all for calipers right? I will be doing the blue soon and want to make sure I order enough.
I would get 2 cans of metalcast color. The more you spray the darker it will get and if you want all 4 to match you might be running out with 1 can. Just depends how even and heavy you spray. 1 can of clear is more than enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts