Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
TransAm at the Glen was just cancelled and that really sucks as we have been planning for it since Feb. Can't wait for 2020 to end.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Raced this weekends New England Region championship final in Cherry Bomb. Going into the last race weekend I was second in points and the last race of the weekend is double points. I would need the lead car in class to not finish for the championship. Friday's race 1 It started to rain and due to crashes the schedule was pushed forward one hour so while on pre grid it started to pour. I'm on slicks and my rains where home in the garage. No time to mount and swap anyway. As the current race was winding down the rain was as well so fuck it going to send it. I love racing in the rain and this was my time to show the others who were on rains how its done. Started the rain and it was hairy, settled in and drove the shit out of the car. Never once looked at my gauges, drove completely by feel. Had a few 'pucker' moments but was having a ball and really enjoying the run. The leader who was on rains is about 3 seconds ahead with about 5 laps to go. I hunt him down, pass him in Turn 1 for the lead in class and bring it home for the win. When the race was over the other drivers believe that I was not on rains and won. I grinned and grinned and it's always nice to have your peers validate your driving.

Race 2 was in the dry and uneventful, Ran well, but could not catch the leader, he was on point and took the win with me second.

Race 3 is double points and I need the leader in class car #173 (E46M3) not to finish and I need a win for the NER T1 Championship, I would win by 7 points. That is a rotten thing to say about a fellow racer but you have to look at the math.

The race starts I am P6 car number 173 is P5, the others in front and back are all GT1/GT2 cars which are faster than T1 cars. FYI, GT1 cars are ex transam cars with 700+ HP, GT2 cars are Porsche cup cars, vettes and stangs with . They have about 100+ more HP and the Porsche's are sub 2700 pounds with 400 HP. Total cars in my class = 5, total cars in race is 30. Race starts and into Turn one we go. Car 173 tangles with the GP2 class winning corvette and off they go with 2 other cars, Car 173 is off the track and out of the race. I can't believe my luck as I am way out in front of any of the T1 cars. I emerge with the skin of my teeth and lead the entire field for 3+ laps. Man I was kicking myself. The car is still having a misfire and getting worse as the event went on and the GT1/2 cars are catching up and starting to pass. I keep driving, get tapped going into turn 9 by a miata with an LS motor and then with three laps left he dive bombs me under braking in T1 and knocks me off the track - 2 wheels and he goes off as well. I finish the race and the miata guy who punted me fighting for a CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP came in early and left. Did not go to contact impound or come and find me to talk it out. I had a protest with the stewards, that is another story.

Based on the points going into the weekend:

Car #13 164 Points

Car #173 217 Points

Car 13
Race 1 - 30 points, Race 2 -25 points, Race 3 - 60 points. Total points weekend final 115
Total season points 279

Car 173
Race 1 - 25 points, Race 2 - 30 points, Race 3 - 0 points Total points weekend final 55
Total season points 272

Now I have to wait for the stewards to certify the races this weekend and then tally the points. At least on paper I am the 2020 NER Touring 1 Champion.

After all the bs that has happened this year it would be nice to have something positive.

I'll wait for the stewards decision's, hopefully it will be official in a few weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Heading to Sebring for the SCCA US Majors tour 14-17 January and PBOC 20-24 January. If any of you cunts want to come let me know and I'll put you on the crew list. Going to be a tough race and even tougher to podium with the competition. 48 total cars and 11 in class which will increase. Goal is a top 5 finish with an eye on the podium.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'll be over that way.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hey you cunts.

I like to use "social media" and meet up with people with whom I've interacted on the different platforms, this one included.

I can verify that he @m13s isn't with the Mexican gang in some cryptic way, but a good guy.

I drove over from Tampa Bay, about 1 1/2 hour drive to hang out with him and the AR (Aponte-Rios) race team.

His Group 2 race that started around 10:30 got totally fucked by poor track management regarding yellow, red, and black flags (getting crashes off the course) but his crew and team handled only getting 3 or 4 hot laps in, with aplomb.

So if you get a chance to meet up with him, if he's at track in your area...take him up on the offer.

His crew has a special boot-up screen for him.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Some shots his crew photographer got.

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
I'm in just to see the boot up screen... up close!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Dang, you’re tall!

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!
Yeah, I'd have to fold up to get into some cars. It is why I love our V's.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
It was great hanging out with you Ray.

Always nice to meet someone from the forum and we were like Arnold and Danny.

To bad our group sucked and can't drive for shit. Every practice session was blacked flagged, race one was red flagged then black flagged. Race two was a split start and the lead group a TA car could not make it past T 1 on The first lap. That caused our start to have 4 laps under double yellow, three green laps and then another crash for the balance of the race under double yellow.

Spec miata had 70 cars and not one yellow flag. SCCA won't do shit so we will revaluate our racing dollar spend.

Car handling is sorted but was down on power. Going to do some motor work and get more power in the meantime they powered it with this.

Racing with PBOC next weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
It was great hanging out with you Ray.

Always nice to meet someone from the forum and we were like Arnold and Danny.

To bad our group sucked and can't drive for shit. Every practice session was blacked flagged, race one was red flagged then black flagged. Race two was a split start and the lead group a TA car could not make it past T 1 on The first lap. That caused our start to have 4 laps under double yellow, three green laps and then another crash for the balance of the race under double yellow.

Spec miata had 70 cars and not one yellow flag. SCCA won't do shit so we will revaluate our racing dollar spend.

Car handling is sorted but was down on power. Going to do some motor work and get more power in the meantime they powered it with this.

Racing with PBOC next weekend.
That sucks. Sounds like you need to get a spec miata....

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I've raced them they are fun but not something I want to do full time. SM racers are some of the better drivers in racing. The top guys can wheel the shit out those momentum cars.

Anyone that wants to learn how to drive fats should get seat time in them. I did and it was a great help. People shit on them as chick cars, race one for a weekend at sebring and you will feel like you have been beat with a stick come Monday.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
10 Days in Florida and got back to 16 degrees. Urghh. Best part of the time was meeting Blades and hanging out with him trackside. Appreciate you coming out and hanging with the team and I have an open invite to any of you for events we go to.

Blew the 410 Diff and had to put the 385 backup in, with the car down on power and this diff I could barely get it into 5th on the back straight. As they say run what ya brung. PBOC (Porsche BMW Owners Club) runs a great show and was very accommodating when we asked to go out with the HPDE group to test. Very friendly and great to work with. 00 lost thirst and 4th gear in the sequential so we had to put the backup tranny in. Tranny as in transmission for all you perverts.

I'll be back for PBOC (great event) and the car is getting a motor refresh. This will be done at the Mech Tech school in Orlando as one of the crew members graduated from there and they let us use the shop and all the gear. This includes welding, electrical you name it. My hat is of to them to allow for us to come in and work. The students love it because it is real time. real world experience. We run the stickers and promote the school and do some PR work for them as well. Saturday we had a feast at the track, brought in a caterer as there were many guests, it was a full Puerto Rican food fest with pernil, rice/beans, plantains, flan, all delicious. I ate three plates of pernil and could not get enough. Sorry you missed that one Ray.

Hope to be in Atlanta next month, we'll see if the car is ready.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
10 Days in Florida and got back to 16 degrees. Urghh. Best part of the time was meeting Blades and hanging out with him trackside. Appreciate you coming out and hanging with the team and I have an open invite to any of you for events we go to.

Blew the 410 Diff and had to put the 385 backup in, with the car down on power and this diff I could barely get it into 5th on the back straight. As they say run what ya brung. PBOC (Porsche BMW Owners Club) runs a great show and was very accommodating when we asked to go out with the HPDE group to test. Very friendly and great to work with. 00 lost thirst and 4th gear in the sequential so we had to put the backup tranny in. Tranny as in transmission for all you perverts.

I'll be back for PBOC (great event) and the car is getting a motor refresh. This will be done at the Mech Tech school in Orlando as one of the crew members graduated from there and they let us use the shop and all the gear. This includes welding, electrical you name it. My hat is of to them to allow for us to come in and work. The students love it because it is real time. real world experience. We run the stickers and promote the school and do some PR work for them as well. Saturday we had a feast at the track, brought in a caterer as there were many guests, it was a full Puerto Rican food fest with pernil, rice/beans, plantains, flan, all delicious. I ate three plates of pernil and could not get enough. Sorry you missed that one Ray.

Hope to be in Atlanta next month, we'll see if the car is ready.
Too bad you had to go back. Lots of people going to be at Cal Hartline's Cadillac Attack this weekend.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Off topic but I found some old pictures (From my blackberry no less) of My F car.

I have mentioned it before and surprised none of you cunts did not call me out for pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Off topic but I found some old pictures (From my blackberry no less) of My F car.

I have mentioned it before and surprised none of you cunts did not call me out for pictures.
I love the 348 even though they were the reheated step child for a long time.
Have you seen Hoovies garage on YouTube? He has a black one with over 100k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I love the 348 even though they were the reheated step child for a long time.
Have you seen Hoovies garage on YouTube? He has a black one with over 100k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I haven't I'll take a peek.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Some rule changes in my class in SCCA, they are allowing Cup cars in T1. This put my car at a huge disadvantage as the cup cars are untouchable against my platform. It's one thing to be competitive and and battle for a win - which I can, its another to be totally stomped on by another platform. The Porsche platform I was going to anyway and this has accelerated my decision if I am going to stay with the class. Preferred platform 991 to rich for my blood.

Bang for the buck is a 997.1 GT3 cup prefer the 997.2 with the 4.0, again to much $. Factory race car beats built race car any day of the week. Have a bead on a 997.1 GT3 Cup with 20 hours on the motor and trans, has auto blipper. The cup cars are basically a spec series and everything I have done to both BMW's is standard in the Cup car. Gas and go and keep with the upkeep. Any of you cunts have any experience with the platform ? GT2/GT3 RS or Cup ?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Some rule changes in my class in SCCA, they are allowing Cup cars in T1. This put my car at a huge disadvantage as the cup cars are untouchable against my platform. It's one thing to be competitive and and battle for a win - which I can, its another to be totally stomped on by another platform. The Porsche platform I was going to anyway and this has accelerated my decision if I am going to stay with the class. Preferred platform 991 to rich for my blood.

Bang for the buck is a 997.1 GT3 cup prefer the 997.2 with the 4.0, again to much $. Factory race car beats built race car any day of the week. Have a bead on a 997.1 GT3 Cup with 20 hours on the motor and trans, has auto blipper. The cup cars are basically a spec series and everything I have done to both BMW's is standard in the Cup car. Gas and go and keep with the upkeep. Any of you cunts have any experience with the platform ? GT2/GT3 RS or Cup ?
I have no experience with the Cup cars but I fully endorse your switching to Porsche ;)

I look forward to reading about your experiences with a P-cup car

I have a 991.1 just normal road car and I fucking love it.
Do the 997 cup cars have the upgraded double wishbone front suspension? or normal strut suspension like the road cars?

Edit: looks like its just the RSR and R that have the double wishbone front suspension, along with the new 992 GT3 road car which is sweet.

141 - 160 of 168 Posts