Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Last race in New England for 2019.

Start at the 5 minute mark, killer start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nbx_5B14c&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0G0iGJ-ABgnk2ad0WlyDgh8iNWEe3sq1Qah0FdLla8VXV4UZDon7v5gK0

New suspension (MCS), tune, sways all around, shifter, all sorts of goodies. Cams and headers on the way. Steering pump failed in all three races and spit me off in the last race. It would bind, then free up, then throw the belt to make driving fun. New solution from BW on the way.

Started P6 in the feature race - was .7 off which means I am on pace in class. Lap one was P2 and fighting the steering. First race started 21st, dead last, because the pump was not finished being installed. Finished 8th overall, 3rd in class. Weekend went 3rd in class for all three races. Happy with the car so far. She is 500 lbs heavier than Pork Chop but more power and V8. Eats tires and pads but V8. The Dyno it put 370 to the wheel with a tune, not bad. Anemic by V standards but for Touring 1 I'll be able to get it to ~ 415-425 with cams and headers. Stangs and vettes in class are 450HP but heavier so it evens out if everyone is playing by the rules.

On to TA for 2020!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
New helmet wrap, what do you guys think?

Mega wrok to the car testing on Sunday will post some pics.
Are you Sicilian? The symbol on top looks like the Trinacria from Sicily.

Also, does the sticker across the visor not block your view?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Yes family is from Mineo, Catania. Great catch ubi!!!!!!

The sticker is above the sight line so all good.

I'll post up some pics of the new wrap as well. The sister car is being wrapped in a red chrome, it looks insane. I'm going with a matt red this is the rendition. new suit as well. My rims are black.

Car has had the following:
Cams
Headers
Side exhaust
Fuel Cell
Weight reduction (as always)
Tune
Emtron ECU
4:10 diff
Vac Clutch (Lightwieght)VAC Ultimate Flywheel and Clutch Kit - 7.25in Carbon/Carbon (BMW S65)
All new control arms fornt/rear and spherical bearings
Solid diff mounts and rear subframe.
New fire system
New steering rack and related parts.

Thanks to the wuhu flu no racing so I put the savings to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Tested on Sunday, best day of testing I've had in a while. Car needs some work but motor/trans/drive train is solid.
Shocks need a rebuild and waiting on the control arms, bearings and solid bushings. overall the car went well, I was within 1 second of race pace and not working to hard. That is a good thing.

Wrap not complete yet, finish it this week.

There were several mustangs including an s fully prepped stang that runs in Transam. I was able to not only keep up with a boss 302 but get a run onto the longest straight and pass. This is a huge advancement from last year. Because this is a test day I would not pass under braking so everyone plays nice and had to adjust my passing strategy.
The stoptech BBK is (ST40) is light years ahead over stock. Pedal took some time to get used to as there was a significant amount of travel prior to a bite. Pads are PFC -08 all around.

Looking forward to getting this tub sorted.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Yeah looks like the hood is popped

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
My guys surprised me with pink wheels, they are going back to black. I'll be a hit with the lbgtblt123 crowd!

The hood gap is due to the mounting brackets are not installed as they were mia. Happens sometimes.

Still need to get the 4:10 diff installed and they were working on autoblip with the Emtron ECU. The North American rep was on hand and the guy who runs the team and him are friends so we do a lot of development work. I personally don't need auto blip as I heel toe but I am glad to help develop. I always thought of auto blip for people that can't heel toe, but once working it is faster and no mistakes so I'll take it when it is ready but it will require a lot of testing prior to going to a live race. They did the first Drenth sequential in the 00 E92M3 car with the S65 and it is a blast to drive. They also did the work on the DCT as well. Really complex stuff and I let the engineers do their thing and I do mine which is drive and complain to them. It's fun watching them pull the logs after each run and make adjustments to maximize performance.

Hopefully be at Mid-Ohio in late June for the TransAm race in GT class. The 00 car is a monster- 2850 pounds carbon fiber everything, 3" exhaust ~ 440 to the wheel. Mega $$$ build. I won't be able to keep pace with that car but I am happy so far with my build based on what I have put into it.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My guys surprised me with pink wheels, they are going back to black. I'll be a hit with the lbgtblt123 crowd!

The hood gap is due to the mounting brackets are not installed as they were mia. Happens sometimes.

Still need to get the 4:10 diff installed and they were working on autoblip with the Emtron ECU. The North American rep was on hand and the guy who runs the team and him are friends so we do a lot of development work. I personally don't need auto blip as I heel toe but I am glad to help develop. I always thought of auto blip for people that can't heel toe, but once working it is faster and no mistakes so I'll take it when it is ready but it will require a lot of testing prior to going to a live race. They did the first Drenth sequential in the 00 E92M3 car with the S65 and it is a blast to drive. They also did the work on the DCT as well. Really complex stuff and I let the engineers do their thing and I do mine which is drive and complain to them. It's fun watching them pull the logs after each run and make adjustments to maximize performance.

Hopefully be at Mid-Ohio in late June for the TransAm race in GT class. The 00 car is a monster- 2850 pounds carbon fiber everything, 3" exhaust ~ 440 to the wheel. Mega $$$ build. I won't be able to keep pace with that car but I am happy so far with my build based on what I have put into it.
Is the E46 in that picture your old car?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Heading to Transam race at the end of the month, GT class with the e90M3. me and two other guys on the team. Wish me luck I'm going to need it and never been to mid ohio before.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Heading to Transam race at the end of the month, GT class with the e90M3. me and two other guys on the team. Wish me luck I'm going to need it and never been to mid ohio before.
Have fun. Maybe Random can cum give u snuggles the night before for good luck. You know, since Coronus is a hoax and all.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I do think you can hug with a helmet on, but no hand shaking. A strange beast this Rona is...

Sent from my iPhone using motherf’n Tapatalk!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Random and I traded emails, spoke with the TA officials and no fans. Sucks it would have been great to hang out and snuggle at night. Hopefully I can channel my inner Willie T and kick some butt, we have 3 cars going and will do our best to make a good showing.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
BS, Jesse has you by at least 6 inches...height....

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Hi guys next Saturday will be my debut in the Trans Am series by Pirelli at Mid Ohio. Sadly no spectators allowed (Random was going to come but due to C19, sigh) and the event will be live streamed on:

I'm in GT Class, #07 E90M3 Red/Black AR Racing. TA has been very welcoming to us as BMW has not been in the series for 5+ years so they are excited on having the brand back. On track in the feature event with TA/XTG/SGT and GT 100 laps or 65 minutes. XTG are former GT3 cars that are lethal along with the fire breathing TA cars. SGT cars are about 6 seconds faster than GT So I am in the slowest group which will require very good situational awareness. Doing an hour stint is no problem it will be different in this series as I am usually in the faster group in SCCA racing now it is reversed. Never been there before and limited practice time, so I'll need a little luck and some good driving to podium.

Hope some of you guys can tune in!

101 - 120 of 123 Posts