Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
I'll be at Watkins Glen next Thursday - Sunday with PCA. Testing for Septembers International GT race running with SVRA and Transam. If any yof you mugs want to go let me know and I'll get you signed on a crew.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Went to the Team shop the other day. My team mate just bought a 991.2 GT3 Cup. He races against me in GT2 with a c6 and I stomped the fuck out of him last month. He also has a 996 GT with a bunch of RS parts in it that is track only.

Just when you think you are doing great along comes a bigger, fatter, younger dick. I can't believe this car and I get to drive it at WGI next week. Words can't describe this thing......

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Went to the Team shop the other day. My team mate just bought a 991.2 GT3 Cup. He races against me in GT2 with a c6 and I stomped the fuck out of him last month. He also has a 996 GT with a bunch of RS parts in it that is track only.

Just when you think you are doing great along comes a bigger, fatter, younger dick. I can't believe this car and I get to drive it at WGI next week. Words can't describe this thing......
I learned long ago that someone is ALWAYS ready to spend more money than I have or want to spend, to either go faster or buy a bigger boat.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts

Do you think the new GT3 will be able to make up the difference in lap times between him and you from his old C6?

·
Premium Member
16,341 Posts
Dude... 4 second gap for pole in the rain!

You related to Lewis Hamilton?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Subi,

This thing is a monster. It has over 100 hp and huge tires all around. I'll stay with him in the curves, Long straights I'm screwed.

Oh yeah it is a fuckin beast. Dat 4.0 at 9k rpm is amazing.
Yours has the legendary Mezger (RIP) engine though and is no slouch.

The 992 GT3 cup is going to be a game changer again though so as soon as it comes out you can make him feel inadequate lol. It is has the RSR front suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Dude... 4 second gap for pole in the rain!

You related to Lewis Hamilton?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I am untouchable in the wet and all the guys I race against know it. It comes from racing bikes as we raced a ton in horrible conditions. I embrace (the suck) and attack. It's really a mental issue, most drives are uncomfortable in the rain I am not.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Oh yeah it is a fuckin beast. Dat 4.0 at 9k rpm is amazing.
Yours has the legendary Mezger (RIP) engine though and is no slouch.

The 992 GT3 cup is going to be a game changer again though so as soon as it comes out you can make him feel inadequate lol. It is has the RSR front suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Subi I'm impressed ! Yes mine is the hand built Mezger motor last of them. The 991.1/2 are production motors, with the .2 being cheaper to run because the block is sleeved. The .1 is not it's a through away block, either one is WAY to rich for my blood. 997.1 is 245/305 991.2 is 285/335. talk about some meat.

I thought my motor sounded the tits until I heard the .2.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 · (Edited)
Just got back from WGI with PCA, I instructed 5 students (I use this as a springboard to get private coaching gigs that pay well) The car is lights out at the Glen and I am not up to where I should be, that is what this test weekend was for. I did get a stern talking to by the head registrar for passing him and a few other to close and then coming back in front of them. I have to remember to dial it back with these clubs. The PCA guys stress safety and I'm fine with that.

Below is the link for next months event, Some big names in my race (not is the same class) so I'm really looking forward to it.

IGT Returns to Watkins Glen​

We're going back awhile for the above photo...can you guess what year? Extra points, can you name the driver of the #33 Ferrari (center)?

No matter when we are at Watkins Glen, we're always excited about the terrific racing and good times in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York.

Join us for this year's return to Watkins Glen International! Click on the photo for registration. If you have any questions contact [email protected] or (770)380-7770.​

Maranello Cup Championship
Meet Points Leader
Andy Pilgrim​

The SKI Autosports team with Rossella on the left, Kent and Melissa next to Andy in the center and Phil on the right.​

Andy and team co-owner, Melissa.​

For more information on the Traffic Safety Education Foundation click on the logo.​

If you have been around sports car racing for more than ohhhhh... a minute, you've heard of Andy Pilgrim - heck, he has his own Wikipedia page!!! But for a better look at Andy's storied Championship career click on his photo to link to his website.

Although Andy needs no introduction, we're doing a small profile on him and the SKI Autosports team as part of our summer series on the three different IGT category points leaders and Andy is currently holding a big lead in the Maranello Cup Championships.

A long time factory driver for GM (Corvette and Cadillac), Andy's racing résumé is one of the most impressive in the sport!

Andy's team, SKI Autosport (It's not ski, as in skiing - it's an acronym for: Spending our Kids Inheritance) is owned by Kent and Melissa Hussey and run by long time, well known sports car race team manager, Phil Creighton.

One of the real ringers on the team though is career race engineer, Rossella Manfrinato who has a résumé to rival Andys - including more than a few trips to the Le Mans 24 Hour race.​

These days Andy is spending a great deal of his time and effort with The Traffic Safety Education Foundation. The mission of the foundation: to educate new drivers, parents, teachers and children of all ages about the deadly problems associated with distracted driving and other important traffic safety issues. Driving experts drive distraction free because of what they know. Education is the key to improving knowledge and driving safety.​

The SKI Autosports team has a conflict and will miss the upcoming Watkins Glen race but will be back for the final three rounds of the IGT Championship.​

Testing Opportunity at VIR​

We wanted to make everyone aware of an upcoming opportunity for a full day of testing at VIR the week after IGT is at Watkins Glen - Tuesday, September 14th. While this is not an IGT event, it will be run by Series friend's Owen Trinkler and Tom Long - both IMSA Champion drivers.

For more information contact
Owen Trinkler
615-330-8713
[email protected]
OR
Tom Long
919-906-8404
[email protected]

Marketplace​

Selling or looking for a race car, trailer, equipment, etc? We'll highlight it in our Marketplace section. This is free to International GT competitors and teams and will run for about 4 email blasts. Just send a photo, description and contact information to [email protected].​

Kernodle Photography​

The official series photographer for International GT is John Kernodle. John attends all IGT events and provides galleries of photos for all competitors to select from, as well as offering special photo packages to participants. Click on the photo to the left to visit the Kernodle Photography site.​

Pirelli Tire Orders​

Pirelli is the official tire of International GT and Frisby Performance Tire is the sole supplier. Click on the logo to the right to link to their IGT tire order side or call Frisby at (800)373-7390.​

2021 Schedule
updated 07/20/2021​

·
Registered
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 · (Edited)
Straight cut gears is to die for, the Mezger motor just sings and sings. Driving this thing inspires confidence - until you fuck up and it will bite. The rental Cayman from my team was totaled at this event with my team mate in the car, coaching. The ass end came around and the driver did not make a correction, keep the wheel turned towards the wall so they went to said wall at 60 MPH. Car is toast, both sore but ok. That's the problem with HPDE's they don't spend enough time on counter steering and getting the car out of a bad situation. I spoke with the driver and he mentioned that he was unsure what to do because it never happened to him before. That's the risk you take with HPDE's.

The first time I came out of T2 up through the esses it was a major pucker factor at the top of the hill. It's flat out from T2 to the bus stop, the track has a great flow to it. This car is made for that track and I am about 3 seconds of pace. It will come with race pace at the IGT Race. Feeling good.

Live stream through the SVRA APP.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Straight cut gears is to die for, the Mezger motor just sings and sings. Driving this thing inspires confidence - until you fuck up and it will bite. The rental Cayman from my team was totaled at this event with my team mate in the car, coaching. The ass end came around and the driver did not make a correction, keep the wheel turned towards the wall so they went to said wall at 60 MPH. Car is toast, both sore but ok. That's the problem with HPDE's they don't spend enough time on counter steering and getting the car out of a bad situation. I spoke with the driver and he mentioned that he was unsure what to do because it never happened to him before. That's the risk you take with HPDE's.

The first time I came out of T2 up through the esses it was a major pucker factor at the top of the hill. It's flat out from T2 to the bus stop, the track has a great flow to it. This car is made for that track and I am about 3 seconds of pace. It will come with race pace at the IGT Race. Feeling good.

Live stream through the SVRA APP.
Interesting, the cayman is way more forgiving than the 911 platform being mid engine and not having to deal with all that weight behind the rear axle causing the snap oversteer. The 991 and 992 have gotten rid of most of that behavior but the 997 still had a bit of it for sure.
That sounds like pure driver error in the cayman.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Snap over steer is there but it is also a function of driver input. DE guys are taught to be safe and are not trained in how to feel it coming. Yes it was pure driver error and this crash is a result of lack of training. Another thing is many drivers were asking me about times. What's the point? They was to be fast by association and this is counter to what HPDE's are all about and I told each of them that times don't mean shit. Practice your skills, notice my timer was not working in the video ?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You have a FB link, like you did for Aponte-Rios Racing?

201 - 220 of 222 Posts