Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

· Premium Member
17,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Any issues with just venting both valve covers to a vented catch can via -10 hoses. And blocking the valley port?

650rwhp?
I think this would have been covered in the original post, but if you essentially vent to atmosphere through a filtered can, then you are not actually evacuating the crankcase with vacuum, therefore you will always have high levels of corrosive combustion byproducts in the engine. You'll have less efficient ring seal, slightly lower MPG efficiency, more highly contaminated oil (and all that goes with that), increased corrosion internally on most all metal parts, and more pollution into atmosphere. Basically, it's the least-best option with all of the negatives and none of the positives, other than not blowing out gaskets.

Applying vacuum to the crankcase under low-load conditions (ie 95% of an engine's life) through a PCV system is really a win in every way. The cost and weight of a properly routed catch-can and PCV system is effectively negligible. To take that cost and open-vent is almost tragically missing the point, IMHO.

· Premium Member
17,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
I'd think of it as "okay, good or better" depending on your goals, setup and longevity.

· Registered
1,313 Posts
You want a “closed loop” system that has a check valve for that type of setup not just open breathers
In your opinion what’s your go to setup?
Mines not in a V it’s in a swap.

I originally did the x2 -10 for aesthetics and the old school mentally which I have predominately come from.

The clean/dirty side stuff wigs me out.

White Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Sexy engine bay there!

Reactions: Florida-Vee
121 - 134 of 134 Posts