Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased my first CTS-V. It's a 2012 Loaded Black Diamond Coupe A6 with 1100 miles. It was coming out of a small dealer in Paxton, Illinois and given their current weather (snow) getting an enclosed pick up took longer than I thought it would. So this gave me some time to poke around on the forum, I knew I wouldn't leave this car stock for long, so I started formulating a plan. Unfortunately I'm quite busy at work, and I have a lot of unfinished projects at my house… So it became apparent to me that if I wanted this thing enhanced I was going to have to let someone else turn wrenches. So the car took a detour on its way to Virginia and made a stop in Addison, Texas @ 21st Century Muscle Cars.

I talked in great detail with John Page on what my goals were and budget for this built. I wanted stock like drivability, I wanted it to run on 93 octane, no meth/e85. It needed to be relatively quiet and be able to run in the 10's with ease.... So I figured I needed around 600 rear wheel horsepower based on the times people running at various horsepower levels on this forum. He suggested I do their 750 hp package with a few other items from there 800/850 packages. With long tube headers with cats blowing into stock mufflers to meet my decibel goals. This also kept my entire budget for the vehicle +mods at around 60 K which was my budget goal. The build took five days, and the power level exceeded my expectations. The car ended up putting down 668rwhp/644rwtq!! the car showed up at my home Friday morning.

Although I had the car shipped enclosed and it was quite clean when it showed up I did a full detail on it to really look over the vehicle. I was quite happy, cars perfect no blemishes whatsoever. And with only 1100 miles still even smells new.
Unfortunately my new wheels and drag radials showed up but my tire pressure sensors haven't so I had to run around the weekend on stock rubber. I couldn't be more happy with this car. General Motors did a great job on just about every aspect of this vehicle. The brakes are super it handles great, has every convenience feature I could think of. And it's very quiet and tight, no squeaks and rattles. The modifications that 21ST Century Muscle Cars did turned this thing from a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde car into a Bruce Banner / INCREDIBLE HULK car :) it sounds good at idle with the perfect amount of cam just barely shaking the car. It's quiet with the windows up when you're cruising around but then it sounds quite nasty when you make it work.

As long as you drive around as if you have an egg under your foot anyone could drive this car. I literally let my 65-year-old mother drive it… LOL although she has owned a GMC Typhoon, but that was 20 years ago and only had 285 hp not 800hp.... When you do finally get into the boost this thing is an absolute monster. On the factory rubber even starting in third gear from a 20 mile-per-hour roll when the RPMs near 5k it blows the tires loose…. The passing power is just awesome. Even at 70% throttle this car jumped from 40 to 80 mile-per-hour like it was nothing. I drove around about 200 miles this weekend. Never threw any codes or had any issues at all. I can't wait to get my 19" Mickey Thompson's on here and get this thing to the track. The car, and the motor work by 21st-century muscle cars completely exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I've already signed up for the CTS-V the nationals, and the Georgia half-mile. I've owned plenty of fast cars. Everything from a Lingenfelter 542CI Viper, to a '91 Z28 ( my first car). And I've never had this kind of power along with good manners / driveability. :D

Attachments

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! Now lose that front plate bracket for more weight reduction
I was wondering about that. How is the plate secured? Are there going to be two holes in my bumper. Unfortunately since this cars Blackdiamond I doubt I could just buy another front bumper cover and get it to match without blending. Although it does also block airflow to the intercooler… we're supposed to run them here in Virginia, but I have two Corvettes neither of which run them and I don't get ticketed that often, so I wouldn't mind removing the front plate bracket...

· Registered
1,948 Posts
Yeah, 2 holes will be left behind. U can fill it and have a shop respray the bumper or get plastic plugs for the holes and paint them black diamond.

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, 2 holes will be left behind. U can fill it and have a shop respray the bumper or get plastic plugs for the holes and paint them black diamond.
I'll pull it off tonight and take a look. The painted plug idea might work.

· Registered
1,137 Posts
nice! congrats on the new ride!pm me if you're ever up in the NOVA area, there are a bunch of us around here

· Registered
120 Posts
I am interested to know what cam you settled on to give good drivability and power. Glad you are pleased. 21st has done good work for me awhile back on my Corvette. And I agree that GM has done a masterful job on these V cars. Looking forward to some of your track times.

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice! congrats on the new ride!pm me if you're ever up in the NOVA area, there are a bunch of us around here
Yeah, we should get a regional CTS-V Hooters or Cars and Coffee meetup. I would be interested in checking out some other V's before I buy any more parts... I do plan to attend the MIR track rental this month if it happens.

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Great Guys at 21st!!!

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am interested to know what cam you settled on to give good drivability and power. Glad you are pleased. 21st has done good work for me awhile back on my Corvette. And I agree that GM has done a masterful job on these V cars. Looking forward to some of your track times.
Its is their 219/233 Cam. I am quite pleased with the idle, exhaust note, and low RPM drivability. I hope to get to the track in the next few weeks.

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Great Guys at 21st!!!
Yeah, I am quite pleased with the work they did and my interactions with them. I am glad that I don't live in TEXAS though. There are way too many reputable shops turning out big power cars there... I would probably need 1000hp !!! LOL Although the cost of living is cheap, and the economy is good so I guess there would be more money in the budget for mods...

· Registered
1,618 Posts
Yeah, I am quite pleased with the work they did and my interactions with them. I am glad that I don't live in TEXAS though. There are way too many reputable shops turning out big power cars there... I would probably need 1000hp !!! LOL Although the cost of living is cheap, and the economy is good so I guess there would be more money in the budget for mods...
+1 on the guys at 21st. They've done a great job and I will be seeing them again soon before the March Texas Mile.

· Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Very nice! What all did they do for mods?

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Very nice! What all did they do for mods?

Supercharged 2009 - 2013 Cadillac CTS-V
21CMC now offers this Performance upgrade package that is designed to enhance the 6.2 L LSA CTS-V supercharged engine. This package produces a substantial horsepower and torque improvement over the factory 556 horsepower and 551 lbs ft of torque while maintaining a safe level of boost and supercharger RPM.
750 BHP CTS-V 6.2 L Supercharged Intercooled Engine Package

Package includes:
- CNC porting & polishing of LSA cylinder heads
- Stainless Intake valves
- Stainless Exhaust valves
- Multi-angle valve job, cc chambers, surfacing & spring height adjustment
- Custom designed camshaft
- Dual valve springs w, titanium retainers
- Stainless long tube headers w. catted center section
- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley - powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout
- Lingenfelter air intake duct
- K & N Air Filter
- Lingenfelter overdrive harmonic balancer
- FAST 85 lbs/hour fuel injectors
- 21CMC Custom Taylor plug wires
- 160 degree thermostat
- All necessary gaskets, fluids & bolts
- Professional assembly & engine installation
- Engine testing & expert ECM tuning
- Chassis dyno testing

Additional items:
- Oversize stock location heat exchanger, pump, and reservoir
-Supercharger spacer
- 21CMC 1 year/ 12,000 mile warranty on added components

775Horsepower
Normal installation time required: 10 days with prior notification.

All power figures shown are crankshaft numbers on 93 octane pump gas unless otherwise stated.

· Registered
362 Posts
Awesome car man, I have been chasing a black diamond for over a year now. Thought I had one bought, showed up at the dealer and they had the wrong code listed., enjoy!

· 9 second club
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Awesome car man, I have been chasing a black diamond for over a year now. Thought I had one bought, showed up at the dealer and they had the wrong code listed., enjoy!
I wasn't sold on the Black Diamond until I saw one in person. I am very happy with the BD/Saffron/Black Wheels color combo. I was planning to black out the chrome trim, but in person I kinda like it so I may wait until I see a blacked out one in person. The BD really pops in direct sun, I have never had as many people comment on the paint as I have had with this car in the last 4 days! I did order a D3 coupe bladewing and have been thinking about the Diffuser but its $$$.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.