Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I wanted to share my build with the CTSV community

My search for this car began after I raced my boyfriend's GT-R at TX2K16 and ended up winning the stock turbo class. I had a lot of fun racing the GT-R (don't get me wrong), but I wanted to find a car that I could build on my own budget, with my bf Dedicated-Matt. I have been on the lookout for a little over a year now and finally came across this pristine 2014 silver CTSV Coupe about two months ago.

My goals for this build:

-build as much of it by myself
-learn as much as possible
-run my first 9 sec pass (8's are comin' boys)
-develop new parts with Matt
-brush up on my welding skills (already a beast)
-refrain from going straight to twin turbos
-try to have some FUN racing so nursing school doesn't kill me dead

Mods list:

-DMS heads and cam package
-TSP custom cam "SHE GONE" spec by Pat G.
-TSP CNC ported LS9 heads
-Joker Stage 3 ported blower
-DMS milled and reinforced ZL1 lid
-DMS 2.55/9.5 upper/lower pulley combo
-LS7 throttle body
-AIRAID intake with green filter
-Stainless works 2" headers
-Stainless works catback
-Flex fuel and ID1300's
-DMS fuel filter kit
-1" in/out coolant manifold
-Custom --BIG AF-- heat exchanger
-Custom 7.5 gallon trunk tank
-Reprogrammed EMP pump
-Custom 1" hardline coolant plumbing

On the way to Dedicated Motorsports

Baseline dyno

Bone stock

The parts pile is GROWING

Dedicated-Matt and I starting disassembly

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
looks like an exciting build, lots of goodies!

Pretty cool that you will be much part of the build. I was very involved with mine with the help of a friend who actually knew what he was doing, LOL. I learned a lot along the way, and also saved some tall cash not having to hire a shop for the build.

You should be in great hands partnering with Matt/DMS. Looks like he has a great shop & tool setup which is half the battle.

Have a blast! Report back your progress.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Looks like a great build.
Better add some 17's or 15's to connect all that power to the ground.

Reactions: NOLAG05 and RAGU

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was lucky enough to meet Beverly when I was down at their shop last week. (Technically I met her when they dropped my car off, but we really didn't talk much). I like that not only is she into cars, but she takes part in actually working on her car.

I am really looking forward to keeping up with this build project. It looks like they are using quality parts, and working with Matt @ Dedicated I'm sure it's going to be a BEAST! I think it's going to be cool to have a CTS flagship as a shop car. So far I've liked what I've seen that they have done to it. Curious how that cooling system is going to work out, since we're both in TX and I HAD been worrying about IATs (thou with the cooler weather lately it's not really been much of a problem).

Reactions: BevsCTSV

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was lucky enough to meet Beverly when I was down at their shop last week. (Technically I met her when they dropped my car off, but we really didn't talk much). I like that not only is she into cars, but she takes part in actually working on her car.

I am really looking forward to keeping up with this build project. It looks like they are using quality parts, and working with Matt @ Dedicated I'm sure it's going to be a BEAST! I think it's going to be cool to have a CTS flagship as a shop car. So far I've liked what I've seen that they have done to it. Curious how that cooling system is going to work out, since we're both in TX and I HAD been worrying about IATs (thou with the cooler weather lately it's not really been much of a problem).
Thank you, I appreciate that! Yes, I can't wait to see how far we can take this car. We will be putting it on the dyno soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the blower off and sent to Joker for porting. The front bumper is finally off so we can start custom heat exchanger mockup. :cool:

Now on to the tedious process of measuring the installed height of my valves and shimming them accordingly. **(Learned something new)**
TSP did a great job porting these cylinder heads for me!

BIG shout out to Pat G for working with Matt on this custom cam spec-- " SHE GONE ", and to Texas Speed for the grind on this 8620 core :eek:

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Man I wish my boyfriend owned a shop.
Would have to hide that from my wife tho... lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I wish my boyfriend owned a shop.
Would have to hide that from my wife tho... lol

HAHAHAHA!! It is nice that he finds the time to teach me and help me work on my car. I am super thankful for that. We are both extremely busy individuals, so any time that we spend together, we want to do things we both enjoy (obviously). I work 40+ hours a week as a nurse and go to school full time to continue my nursing career... and Matt is probably the busiest man I know. He really does put everything he has into his business to put out quality builds/parts/products/fabrication and so on.... Some would say I am biased, of course, but thousands of people can attest to his drive and dedication to this industry.

With all of that being said, I can't wait to put this thing on the track. The hurricane delayed the Quick 30 race we were supposed to go to in Baytown. So be on the look out mid September to see how quick I can get this thing down the track ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
So the list is great. What are you doing for fuel? I didn't see mention of a aux pump or did I miss it? I saw the fuel filter. I didn't think a stock pump would push 1300s to their capacity. Even with 1050s on e60. I'm out of pump.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
18 Posts
So the list is great. What are you doing for fuel? I didn't see mention of a aux pump or did I miss it? I saw the fuel filter. I didn't think a stock pump would push 1300s to their capacity. Even with 1050s on e60. I'm out of pump.
Bev's car is using DSX aux pump kit with a prototype controller that should be released soon. We use DSX kits in almost all of our builds and we keep them in stock.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This sounds like a beast of car in the making. What is the fastest car you have owned before this? I know you said you drove his awd GTR but a rear wheel drive beast like this should be a little different. Good luck with the build and enjoy it. It's satisfying doing the work yourself, isn't it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This sounds like a beast of car in the making. What is the fastest car you have owned before this? I know you said you drove his awd GTR but a rear wheel drive beast like this should be a little different. Good luck with the build and enjoy it. It's satisfying doing the work yourself, isn't it?
Thank you, we are going to do some tuning on it tomorrow! Yes, I used to race motorcycles and have driven several RWD cars. I know it is different when it's on the track but I have some great teachers who can give me corrections if they come along. I am hoping to get some track time before my race in a couple of weeks. :D

Oh, and yes, it has been very rewarding being able to be hands on with this build. I got to do some tig welding on my stainless exhaust a couple of days ago. I post time-lapse footage on my instagram. I am hoping to post a new video soon. It's been a crazy busy week (like every week) haha ahh..

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey y'all, I wanted to share my build with the CTSV community

My search for this car began after I raced my boyfriend's GT-R at TX2K16 and ended up winning the stock turbo class. I had a lot of fun racing the GT-R (don't get me wrong), but I wanted to find a car that I could build on my own budget, with my bf Dedicated-Matt. I have been on the lookout for a little over a year now and finally came across this pristine 2014 silver CTSV Coupe about two months ago.

My goals for this build:

-build as much of it by myself
-learn as much as possible
-run my first 9 sec pass (8's are comin' boys)
-develop new parts with Matt
-brush up on my welding skills (already a beast)
-refrain from going straight to twin turbos
-try to have some FUN racing so nursing school doesn't kill me dead

Mods list:

-DMS heads and cam package
-TSP custom cam "SHE GONE" spec by Pat G.
-TSP CNC ported LS9 heads
-Joker Stage 3 ported blower
-DMS milled and reinforced ZL1 lid
-DMS 2.55/9.5 upper/lower pulley combo
-LS7 throttle body
-AIRAID intake with green filter
-Stainless works 2" headers
-Stainless works catback
-Flex fuel and ID1300's
-DMS fuel filter kit
-1" in/out coolant manifold
-Custom --BIG AF-- heat exchanger
-Custom 7.5 gallon trunk tank
-Reprogrammed EMP pump
-Custom 1" hardline coolant plumbing

On the way to Dedicated Motorsports

Baseline dyno

Bone stock

The parts pile is GROWING

Dedicated-Matt and I starting disassembly
It is a pristine coupe.. fender covers! fender covers! fender covers!! sorry my OCD kicks in.. Thats no small budget build.. Way to dive in!

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very nice build!

Curious on the idler setup. Why not use the ADM relocation bracket and stock idlers? What did using the lpe 100mm accomplish?

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Babe thread! :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts