Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amsoil signature series 5w30 oil that was changed when I had all the mods in my signature done in late January. Oil from 85000 miles to 88000, lots of full throttle and redlining. On E60 ethanol most of the time, and I did use Lucas ethanol treatment a couple times.

Had the catch can installed halfway through the interval.

Elevated lead and Aluminum found. Not really sure what to think, I guess it fine?

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Amsoil signature series 5w30 oil that was changed when I had all the mods in my signature done in late January. Oil from 85000 miles to 88000, lots of full throttle and redlining. On E60 ethanol most of the time, and I did use Lucas ethanol treatment a couple times.

Had the catch can installed halfway through the interval.

Elevated lead and Aluminum found. Not really sure what to think, I guess it fine?

I'm about to do the same with Blackstone.

So when you get the report back, they don't indicate if you are good to go or your shit is fk up?
So you have to have basic knowledge.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Here is mine to compare. I’m about to do another one when I change my oil hopefully tomorrow 5k miles after this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: andy13186

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Not sure I always had problems uploading pdf.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Moron. I have the most difficult time trying to attach images on this site.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I did was print screen button on keyboard, control v (paste) in microsoft paint, crop, save, upload that to imgur then post the message board link provided by imgur.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
What I did was print screen button on keyboard, control v (paste) in microsoft paint, crop, save, upload that to imgur then post the message board link provided by imgur.
Thank you.

Okay, this just isn't going to happen with me!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I just sent in another oil sample to Black Stone. I went a little long this time between changes (6500 miles I think) but mostly highway miles. Hopefully everything looks ok and there is less iron and aluminum that last time. The 5w40 oil I have been using had the same hot pressure after 6500 as it does fresh so it clearly isn’t shearing/thinning out to a 20w like whatever crap was in it when I bought it...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I just sent in another oil sample to Black Stone. I went a little long this time between changes (6500 miles I think) but mostly highway miles. Hopefully everything looks ok and there is less iron and aluminum that last time. The 5w40 oil I have been using had the same hot pressure after 6500 as it does fresh so it clearly isn’t shearing/thinning out to a 20w like whatever crap was in it when I bought it...

Got my new sample back and feel a lot better. Even with the long 6500 mile interval the aluminum and iron look way better. I think the garbage 5w-30 Mobile 1 that was in there when I bought it was just crap.

Rotella T6 5w-40 has always treated me well and the V seems to like it.

My hot idle oil pressure is a solid 38-39 psi.

I’ll proly finally install my flex fuel stuff soon and am glad the report was better this time.

Also, holy shit this is my DD and I have only put 6500 miles on it in almost a whole year. I thought I drove a lot more than that but I guess with so much air travel for work I haven’t driven for shit last year! (My commute to the office is 18 miles each way)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Duplicate

·
Premium Member
17,584 Posts
I haven't been able to find one of those super-thick monitors yet.

Also not sure where to get a really tall printer like the one pictured - can't seem to find one of those either.

But I'll try this method once I can find one of those as it certainly seems easier than dealing with attachments or images on most forums.

Thank you.

Okay, this just isn't going to happen with me!
Ok, ok - alternately with your PDF, you can just find the "Save As" option (open your PDF with Acrobat, not some doofus app like Microsoft Edge, etc). When you "Save As", you will have the option to save the PDF as any number of types of image files, including jpeg, png, tiff, and bmp types most likely. Chose whatever one gives you off, then attach that file to your post.

Personally - the best way for other readers is to host your image file on a site like Flickr, Imgur, or similar sharing site and just click the button that looks like a window (on the website browser version of the forum) or just insert the image directly when using Tapatalk. Honestly - I think the Tapatalk app is actually easier to use as you don't have to host anything.

So maybe the solution is quit using the full site and do all your image posts from Tapatalk...

You'd think there was a sticky or some other instructions around here somewhere to make this easier for us!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you running without any cats? I ask because I thought zinc killed them, which is one reason I've never run any of the great diesel oils.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Are you running without any cats? I ask because I thought zinc killed them, which is one reason I've never run any of the great diesel oils.
I still have stock manifolds and cats, I don’t really care if the cats die but I don’t think 900ppm of zinc is that bad.
I think when the oil is fresh it has 1000-1200ppm zinc but I feel like as long as you aren’t burning oil it probably will be fine.
I don’t add any oil between changes and I literally didn’t lose any in 6500 miles.
I need to get around to checking my lid for oil but hopefully that means I’m not as bad as most LS with blowby.

·
Premium Member
17,584 Posts
I still have stock manifolds and cats, I don’t really care if the cats die but I don’t think 900ppm of zinc is that bad.
I think when the oil is fresh it has 1000-1200ppm zinc but I feel like as long as you aren’t burning oil it probably will be fine.
I don’t add any oil between changes and I literally didn’t lose any in 6500 miles.
I need to get around to checking my lid for oil but hopefully that means I’m not as bad as most LS with blowby.
I have the Green cats and they seem to hold up well with both E85 and high ZDDP oils. And my LME built engine eats a ton of oil.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts