Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nord Washers !!!

1st & only mod. Have no other plans for my garage queen. I thought she was gonna be a virgin her entire life. But nope, out of desperation, 2014 12,000 mile garage queen needed a mod. How sad.

· Registered
152 Posts
I had this discussion with my wife many times after buying my V. To me this was a once in a lifetime car I wanted to own and drive and finally had thanks to her. I was obsessed with keeping the paint perfect and parking as far from everyone as possible, avoiding being behind trucks that might throw road debris, doing a walk-around every time I approached the car looking for scratches or dings. She observed that the car was bringing more stress than enjoyment and she was right. What good is a badass car if all it does is sit in the garage and you just look at it all the time? Didn't you buy it to enjoy driving it? Once I put that into perspective, I started driving it a lot more, the car is amazing. Love my car and brings a childish grin to my face every time I drive it but must say if you drive it daily you get accustomed to it's power and take it for granted. If I drive my actual daily driver, a 2001 Escape, I quickly learn my limitations, lol.

· Registered
3 Posts
Congrats on your first mod. My bone stock coupe is not my daily driver but not necessarily a garage queen either. I am similar to Fxstc1995 in my parking locations and avoiding getting behind any vehicle that might have flying projectiles. Because there are haters, I also do the walk around for vandalism or other damage. Any of my vehicles only emerge out of the garage on nice days if I can help it. But as others already said, drive it. It's good for the car and you too man!

· Registered
662 Posts
Just remember the old Confucius quote, "The journey of a thousand horsepower begins with just one mod."

Let your journey begin. :)

· Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
619 Posts
I feel like an idiot having to ask this and no one else has. Where did you install the Nord washers? Is this something I should do or already have done?

· Registered
7 Posts
Nord washers are installed on the lower control arm pivots, to prevent the arms from slipping and losing adjustment due to high cornering loads. Everyone has something they don't know, and must ask about.

As for the driver vs. garage queen debate- I drive mine, but sparingly. I want to be able to enjoy it for many years to come. I've driven it to the coast and back from Austin to Port Aransas a couple of times (~500mi), and I drive it about every other weekend about 60-100mi taking the wife to dinner, etc. It just feels more special if it's not an everyday thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.