Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very good cost savings mod if you can handle a little bit of drone. Here are a couple small rev's. The car is about to go under the knife this month and i'll be replacing it with a corsa extreme

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds pretty good, but don't know how annoying it would be on the highway. Just curious why are you replacing it?
thanks for the legit inquiry. Honestly, the drone kills it for me just because of the kids. If I was single and no kids were in my car I’d keep it 100%

·
Super Moderator
17,166 Posts
Don’t the Gen3’s have valved mufflers already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree on most cars it is cost savings. I think it always sounds cheap though on every car. And also the reason why your buying something else is because it's never the best sounding/driving experience to remove mufflers.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,166 Posts
Even on the V2’s, the driver doesn’t realize how aggressive the factory exhaust sounds from outside the car.

The V3’s are more aggressive with the valved mufflers, but the interior still is silent as a church mouse.

To each their own, but I wouldn’t muffler delete a luxury performance sedan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Never sounds as good as a good muffler. As state to each their own. Same goes for cheap tires, countless times I see beautiful cars and the owners are putting the cheapest tires they can find on it ...makes zero sense to me.

The muffler delete doesn't sound bad but I prefer the stock over it imo.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
I think my car sounds great now.

When my cats decided to clear themselves of the expensive material inside, it got a little louder.

I added some 22” long resonators, and it is perfect, to me.

All I hear while cruising inside is the sound of the road at highway speeds. Below 60 on smooth pavement is very quiet.

Full throttle you can definitely hear a lot of intake sound inside the cabin.

Videos of my car at the strip and the audio is actually quite loud.

I do have some extra sound deadening, though, but none of the really heavy stuff. Maybe 25# overall extra above the factory stuff.

·
Super Moderator
17,166 Posts
I suggest owners simply take the opportunity to follow behind their V’s while someone hoots on the throttle before making exhaust choices.

Reactions: jcs003 and Vbecker

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im gonna post up a comparison tomorrow of the corsa extreme and the muffler delete. Another reason I did it is because everything is on backorder from here to oblivion and shops are backed up like no ones business. I've had countless people come by and give a point at their ear and then a thumbs up so it must sound somewhat decent

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is very good cost savings mod if you can handle a little bit of drone. Here are a couple small rev's. The car is about to go under the knife this month and i'll be replacing it with a corsa extreme

You will regret it and fix it a week later. I did and then put magnaflows on and its perfect. Stainlessworks headers, no cats.
850whp V2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts