Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to buy this system off of a previous V2 owner that had this on a 2009 and I’m hoping to get some info from you guys that are running a muffler delete & secondary cat delete or similar.

My V 2013 A6 sedan bone stock (original owner so no it’s never been touched)
My goal is get more growl but I don’t want to modify my OEM system or tune. I figure for the price, it’s worth trying as long as it doesn’t run&sound like crap or throw a check engine light...

So installing this setup with a stock tune,
1. Will this throw CEL since only the secondary cats and mufflers are removed?
2.Will it run like crap with my stock tune due to the change in flow and secondary cats removed?
3. Has anyone else ran a system like this and what are they’re opinions?

Gas Wood Automotive design Engineering Flooring
Light Human body Thigh Automotive exhaust Wood
Automotive tire Human body Chair Wood Table

·
Premium Member
2009 A6, Thunder Gray
68 Posts
I have those exact same mufflers attached to a set of Texas Speed headers and catted x-pipe and they sound fucking perfect. I haven't touched my stock tune (yet) and she runs like a raped ape in this config. As for CEL's, both O2 sensors are before the secondary cats you'd be replacing, so it shouldn't throw any CEL's. I eliminated my second set of O2 sensors (due to the headers) and while I do have a CEL (until I tune them out), it still runs 110%. PM me an email address and I'll shoot you a vid or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up... Glad to hear that man, excited to get them put on... thanks for replying... yeah shoot me the vids!

·
Premium Member
2009 A6, Thunder Gray
68 Posts
Sent! Now, I don't know how much price pays a factor and how good a deal you can get on them or whatnot, but these mufflers cost me $120 for the pair, and you can probably have a decent muffler shop make exactly what that guy is selling, using the new mufflers, your existing exhaust, and fabricating a couple bends of pipe for just a couple hundred bucks, and they'd probably do a much better job in the process. There's a lot of backyard, ray charles fab on that set of pipes, just saying. Not to say they won't work as is either, but, well...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got you yeah only reason I don’t do that is I don’t want to cut my stock system... I’m hoping these will bolt up nice and give me more sound...
This way I have a second exhaust system I can modify... I live in California so if I get popped for aftermarket exhaust I can revert back to stock easily...

·
Premium Member
2009 A6, Thunder Gray
68 Posts
Oh ok gotcha, yea, that's probably an easy swap then if the price is right (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.