Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
original title of the thread was "305/35-19s on a coupe on 11" wheels
Does anyone have that set up? Pics? Measurement possibly of sidewall to fender lip?

I have ordered aftermarket wheels that are going to “poke” 14mm more than the stock wheel according to willtheyfit.com’s calculator. That’s not counting or calculating the tire, just the wheel specs.
I’m trying to figure if I’ll be able to run the DRs (which I have ordered) on the new wheels, but my fall-back position will be to put the DRs on the factory rims. Others have said that will work.
In light of that, for those who run this combo, do you have 14mm on the outside to spare?

TL,DR: post #84 has final build summary specs for two diff Corvette wheel sets on V2 Coupes.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
My experience with the 305 et street on a 10" wide wheel was that I really needed a wider wheel as there was a bit too much bulge with the 10" wheel. Traction was good but the middle of the tire wore out within 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
148 Posts
Why would you go 19s with MT DRs?, and not 15 or 17s ?
If you are dead set on 19s 888s should make you happy...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Nothing wrong with the 19" mt's though the 10" wide wheel would work better with a 285 vs the 305. 15" would require brake conversion.

R888r would be a good choice as we

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Are you planning on using DR's for daily driving? Or just the drag strip? Makes a difference because you can get more sidewall on a smaller diameter wheel.

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
148 Posts
^^^ what he said. MTs ain't gonna last long if you dd.
Know that for a fact, 3rd car is 305/45/17... you will get much better traction on 17in wheel. And if you are doing highway pulls, 888 or any other high end tire will do, unless you are over ~800rwhp (correct me if I am wrong).

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some good info guys, but sort of missed my intended information target.

1.) I’ve ordered some wheels (19x10.75)
2.) I’ve ordered the Mickey’s
3.) not a daily and not a strip car just looking for a more satisfying bite for occasional very short Mexico trips on the occasional weekend.
4.) bone stock. Short mod list soon
5.) I have gripless Bridgestones on the stock wheels, going to keep the set together for the road trips to the kids’ place.
6.) so, a road trip set and a Mexico set.
7.) the wheels I bought were not available in the needed 45~50 offset only in 35.
8.) the calcs say that the new wheels are +14mm poke compared to stock.
Here’s why I asked the original question:
If I can learn how much room the Mickeys have on the stock wheels I can plot my next move. I may have to put the MTs on the stock wheels because of the offset on the new wheels along with the added “bulge” of the Mickey’s.
I don’t want to swap diameters unless I have to. I’d like to retain the option to move the road tires to the new rims if desired later.

I may have to start all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
They shouldn't bulge on a 10.75 rim. You should be fine.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Considering your intended use, I'd go R888's as previously mentioned.
Two questions result: Are the 888s as sticky on dry surfaces as the MTs?
How much fender clearance results when installed as described above?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like my wheel choice is going down the tubes. Of the four wheels ordered only one is coming, looks like back orders are the special of the day.
Oh well. I started by looking for a spare pair of coupe rears and that search morphed into a cheap pair of wheels, then to a set...

I am amazed by how unusual the V-coupe’s wheel specs are. Very expensive custom builds OR some variant of Weld Star seems to be the choices. As soon as you say 11” & >50mm offset you’re pretty much done.
I guess there are still Vette wheels and big spacers....

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I gave myself a little chuckle when I tried this. I remembered that I had some old-school mags in the loft. They were a flea market find, got ‘em for pennies, figured I’d eBay ‘em someday. They’ve been there for ages. I recalled they had odd custom built offsets for old style mags, quite weird.
I measured them and sure enough. They are 11” rears and 9.5” fronts.
5/120 bc, offset 45mm rears and 32 fronts. I’m starting think I could possibly use these(!) at least for trial fitting.
They are 17” and MT makes a 17 tire that would be perfect! So I MUST try this.
Ran home at lunch just to see.

Don’t worry... they won’t fit.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Reactions: 1sloV2

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yeah, I'll wait a bit on that.
For Weld Racing money I’d rather get spare coupe wheels and maybe get them stretched out a tad.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
But you still wouldn't have Welds. Or 305/45R17 Mickey Thompson ETRs.

·
Registered
431 Posts
There’s a guy with a silver set of coupe wheels on OfferUp for 1000 obo, don’t know how much you want to spend, couple of them have a little rash

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
CHANGE-UP ALERT!
Recapping: I have 305/35/19 Mickey’s on the way. I have a single XXR rear wheel on the way, but the set is not available.
My search for available wheels lead me to the only OEM application that uses compatible offsets AND wide-assed wheels.... Z06 of course.
While searching all of the ways, I found tons of replicas available in 19x10” a few available in 12.
I then found someone an hour away selling OEM (C6 Z06) rears in the Speedline design, chrome, 19x12 and they already had MICKEYS! on them, 325/30/19 which are the same diameter as the coupe rears! There’s enough Mickey rubber still there to keep me entertained for a while. To ice the cake, they were (IMHO) cheap cheap.
I’ve read the few threads here about these on a coupe before looking for them. It seems that they will fit.
Got em home and trial fitted with a 3/8 spacing.... not enough. Again but at a half inch, it looks like it clears everything by a tiny amount while not escaping the fender.
I’m now going to get 15mm spacers and longer studs and see how it works out.
At a half inch I think it looks killer. The top of the wheel face sits 1/8” proud of the fender at stock ride height.
The 325 tires are actually Narrower than the wheels and they lack the 'rim protector' sidewall bump.If you lay the wheel flat on the concrete the CHROME is what rests on the floor.
Specs: The coupe stock rear is 19x10 +40
The C6 Z06 Vette's rear is 19x12 +56
Using a 16mm spacer would place the centerline on the same plane as the stock wheel and the Z06 wheel will stick one inch further INboard AND one inch further OUTboard vs stock.
Because there are lots of replicas available in non-OE sizes, and they are fairly cheap, I will see if I can find “replica” fronts in 19x9 instead of the Z-spec 18 inch.
If I find the chrome too tame-looking for a V, I can always change the color.

A few pics!

This is the calculator while using a 14mm spacer

Clearances at normal height with 1/2" spacer

1/8" at strut rod

5/16" at control arm

Clearance at full droop

3/16" at sway bar; 1/4" at control arm

Reactions: 1sloV2
1 - 20 of 97 Posts