Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most have moved on to the MPV2, but I was able to pick up a new in box MPVI standard for a low price. I've never tuned my own car before, and I bought it with the intention of being able to flash a tune from a remote tuner. I know it lacks a lot of the more convenient features of the pro, but for the basic use I plan to use it for, Is it worth it for me to keep this or flip it and try and find a MPVI pro?

Given the current state of the EPA, and the likelihood of HP tuners needing to be compliant, I figure an MPVI would be more desirable.

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
I think the big difference is there is no external sensor (+5v) plug, so if you wanted to use a wideband you'll have to use the AEM version that goes through the CANBUS.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the big difference is there is no external sensor (+5v) plug, so if you wanted to use a wideband you'll have to use the AEM version that goes through the CANBUS.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I've read that some people tap into the ac temp sensor to do this, but I take it the AEM wideband is the most plug and play way to do it?

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Yes. Go with that setup for simplicity of integration and $$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts