Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 576 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
80k+ infected. 2.3% mortality rate. Ruining my plans for summer vacation.

Seriously though, I’m scared this is gonna take off in America. I live in CA and we have confirmed cases, quarantine center, and at least one death so far.

Send this to all your fellow cunts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Deaths in China: not near the health care system of 1st World nations. If you are not old....higher survival rate.

Looked at the other way...a 98% survival rate.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Deaths in China: not near the health care system of 1st World nations. If you are not old....higher survival rate.

Looked at the other way...a 98% survival rate.
True story. Still worries me with three small children. Twenty times more deadly than influenza.

·
Premium Member
2,742 Posts
I don’t know about you, but I’ve never seen a dollar bill stop a virus...

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vaccines?

The CDC needs money. Their funding was cut dramatically. Private pharmas could also be contracted to develop a vaccine or antiviral medication specific to covid-19.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The dollar bill buys a better system.

True story. Still worries me with three small children. Twenty times more deadly than influenza.
In the early stages stats about infection and mortality rates are skewed with small size.

Like how in the early days of the HIV...we were all going to get it and die.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

In the early stages stats about infection and mortality rates are skewed with small size.

Like how in the early days of the HIV...we were all going to get it and die.
True but the rates also decrease as we become more familiar with the virus and develop treatments.

And only hippies who don’t want to pay their rent got AIDS at first. They made a play about it. What was it called.....

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
No, the rates decrease as the sample size for comparison increase.

Treatment protocols only drive numbers down in later stages of tracking.

Totally understandable regarding your young ones. But for healthy, not senior adults, without respiratory issues, it is way overblown.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, the rates decrease as the sample size for comparison increase.

Treatment protocols only drive numbers down in later stages of tracking.

Totally understandable regarding your young ones. But for healthy, not senior adults, without respiratory issues, it is way overblown.
I didn’t go to epidemiology school so I dunno. I’m
Gonna stock up on guaifenesin and DXM in the meantime.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Y'all better be stocking up on anything that comes on a slow boat from China....shit is gonna get real. Im more interested in the economic impact than anything...#EastCoast

Its a great time to be an American manufacturer if you can tool up and get to producing all the crap US OEMs have outsourced, there is some MONEY to be made.

I've got injection mold tooling bound from Wuhan (sat on the customs dock for 5 weeks) to Germany via train...estimated at 3-4 week transit IF IT all goes smooth.

Can you imagine the control measures taken by each country that train is going to pass through?...Europe gets sticky quick with so many little countries.

I heard it lives on hard surfaces for much longer than influenza.

How'd you like to be the guy that has to do the final tweaks on that tooling...lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Actually CDC funding in the US is greater since Trump took office. What was cut was money going to foreign nations from the CDC. Both the CDC and WHO say for people to wash their hands, do the same things you do during flu season, if you get sick, stay home and only if you star having trouble breathing, then call a near by hospital for instructions.

·
Premium Member
14,569 Posts
It doesnt matter what the facts are: Coronavirus is Trumps fault (not the Chinese who likely tried to weaponize it) and if Trump hadn't increased the CDC's budget - they wouldn't have incompetently let a few hundred asymptomatic carriers go early based on limited information.

And the other billion ways for that virus to make it in to this country wouldn't have happened either.

Just like Katrina happened because Bush was racist - not the incompetent mayor and Gov who sat on the storm without issuing evac orders until it was too late, etc.

Skepticism here is reasonable as far as the lethality- but IMHO we just dont have enough data to know which way this is going. China looks FUBAR. Whether or not that happens here will take another month to pan out, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,714 Posts
All I know, is the auto industry will be shutting down in a couple weeks.

It’s an overblown flu, nobody knows the true mortality rate, it’s grossly misreported and dramatic due to panic on social media.

If it makes you feel any better, move south to warm weather as most viruses don’t survive in warm climates for long.

20,000+ deaths already in 2020 in the US from flu compared to 1 death from Coronavirus in US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
The mortality rate in China is high because a million people live on top of each other with a terrible healthcare system. Besides the fact the government would rather haul you off somewhere with everyone else infected to let you ride it out than help you. They are pretty much closing the door and will reopen it in a month to see whos left.
People these days are afraid of everything, yes its serious...but it always is, its always something. This isnt the last.

·
Premium Member
14,569 Posts
Thank goodness NYC, Chicago and LA dont have a billion people living on top of one another with poor hygiene and limited infrastructure. Unless you're one of the first few hundred or so... I'd imagine resources would become limited quickly .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
A friend with a good brain and observational skills said this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Its irresponsible reporting scaring the public for ratings. The flu is much more deadly and is just overlooked. The worst case is it gets into the homeless and becomes a pool of infected. Then we may all get the flu for a few weeks and then get better and go on with our lives.

There is only 200 test kits in california now with more on the way. No way we have a grasp on the amount truly infected. This means it is much more widespread than originally thought and also much milder. There are many walking around with it and dont even know.

It will effect the infrastructure and business side of supply chain. I fear this will hurt us much more than the actual virus. Thanks to the media and people buying into it creating the hysteria.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,742 Posts
Depending on what you choose to believe, the amount of money it would take to actually supply a vaccine and the time frame (earliest 1 year), the disease will have run its course and be long gone.

Big pharma is pushing the media hard, they all need a raise...

·
Registered
54 Posts
This disease was created years ago I find it hard to believe they don’t have a fix for it. Go getcha some Lysol that’ll kill it 😂

·
Registered
268 Posts
Captain Trips FTW!

1 - 20 of 576 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.