Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why these guys(Merican Motorsports) are asking $4400 for a single exhaust tip? It’s cool I’ll give them that, but $4400??? Am I missing something here? Geesh!

edit for typo autocorrect Ugh

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Because it's unavailable at this time .

Price will change maybe when it's available.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I doubt that's the explanation. Most vendors just mark something as "not in stock" or "unavailable". There are quite a few items on this site that seem outrageously over-priced. They sell 4x resistors to fool the car in to thinking the Magride shocks are still there after they've been removed. To make you're own would cost about $20-$30 vs. the $400 price tag. Nice site, except for the whacko prices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It does say currently unavailable down below the add to cart button. But I bet if someone is willing to pay that amount, the exhaust tip would get made.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yeah, well the CTSV fuel pump access hatch is $100,000 so............
Dang, I screwed up...

I made a similar tip for a local guy a few years ago. Somewhat similar, but mine wasn't made from 1/4" stainless like that Merica Motorsports monstrosity.

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto with a view of the Moon
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, well the CTSV fuel pump access hatch is $100,000 so............
Hey nice catch there loweredd! That gives me hope for the tip I just emailed them on their”contact” link to ask the actual price of the tip, so we’ll see. I’ll keep y’all posted if they respond

·
Premium Member
2009 A6, Thunder Gray
63 Posts
It does say currently unavailable down below the add to cart button. But I bet if someone is willing to pay that amount, the exhaust tip would get made.
That's just their "don't want to make it" price. Like my "don't want to sell it" price on some things lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.