Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after two days of not driving the V, I took it to work today, but on the way out of the garage it made a loud POP! as soon as I shifted into drive and let off the brake.
This has only happened maybe once or twice, I drive the car a couple times a week max.
I can’t get it to replicate the noise after the first time I shift into drive. It sounds as if it’s in the rear end, but I’m not sure.
If it helps the car was washed and waxed two days prior and didn’t move afterwards.
TIA.
Also car is 6A w/ 80k mi.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Could be the brake pads seized against the rotors if there was a lot of rain resulting in rust on the rotor surface? It doesn't happen very often for me, but when it does I'm always surprised!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be the brake pads seized against the rotors if there was a lot of rain resulting in rust on the rotor surface? It doesn't happen very often for me, but when it does I'm always surprised!
I did think about the rotors, saw some other threads mentioning that but not a for sure answer. I used a new wheel cleaner that left a bit of surface rust on the rotors so maybe that’s it. Hopefully nothing major as it’s only first thing in the mornings.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
^^ this. Used to happen on my Charger sometimes. Didn't even have to be rain or a carwash. Sometimes it would happen just from sitting a few days with really high humidity. Once or twice it was stuck hard enough that I had to give it a bit of gas to break them free! That made for a really loud pop!

·
Registered
2014 6M, Recaros, Slicktop, Stock
83 Posts
I've had that happen with my car and it was the pads just got stuck for a second. I might be more used to it with the m6 because you use the gas to disengage the parking brake and that sometimes "pops" when it releases.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Scooby @piening2150 i think y’all are right, it hasn’t done it all day. Of course it pours rain randomly the day I do drive it, so it will probably pop again tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,223 Posts
Are you parking on an incline? Possibly the park pawl disengaging under load?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
It’s pad I sticking from rotor. No big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts