Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alrighty all, I bit the bullet and ordered the stage 2 kit from Mont. Only thing I changed was to add the griptech 2.35 stainless steel pulley instead of the one that comes with the kit. Parts should be here this next week, install will start the week after.... I will post results once I get it all buttoned up. Anyone else install this kit and have results that I can compare mine too?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
I hope you meant the 2.5 pulley.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope you meant the 2.5 pulley.
Actually meant the 2.35, nice catch....3.5 would be going the wrong way!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
I have a similar package to the stage 2 you bought plus the DSX flex fuel sensor.
Just installed it last week. Going through the remote tune process now.
Bought the ID 1050x injectors and Griptec 2.45 pulley/hub through Tyler at Mont Motorsports.
Great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a similar package to the stage 2 you bought plus the DSX flex fuel sensor.
Just installed it last week. Going through the remote tune process now.
Bought the ID 1050x injectors and Griptec 2.45 pulley/hub through Tyler at Mont Motorsports.
Great guy to deal with.
Yeah, customer service from Mont was top notch. The positive reviews he received on the forum went a long way to helping me make my decision. I think I will go with the flex fuel sensor next year, along with an expansion tank and headers. Looking at getting the car tuned here in Vegas, need to get it done before LS Fest West in May.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Actually meant the 2.35, nice catch....3.5 would be going the wrong way!!!!

Hope you know the snout will need milling to fit that pulley.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you know the snout will need milling to fit that pulley.
We will see. It is the new stainless steel model that should have enough clearance. I will let you know if it does need to be milled. Not too worried about it.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Intercooler in place. Wow, what a nice unit. I have no doubt that it will keep things cool this summer here in Vegas. I will make sure to post some IATs after some "spirited driving" once we get to our 115 degree days. 20180331_191957.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Intercooler in place. Wow, what a nice unit. I have no doubt that it will keep things cool this summer here in Vegas. I will make sure to post some IATs after some "spirited driving" once we get to our 115 degree days. View attachment 120482

So how much of a pain was it to remove the front steel crash bar /bumper?

I'm curious to know if it's easier to remove that, than the power steering hoses in order to fit the HX.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So how much of a pain was it to remove the front steel crash bar /bumper?

I'm curious to know if it's easier to remove that, than the power steering hoses in order to fit the HX.
Go with the steel crash bar/bumper. There were like 3 plastic push pins holding the styrofoam part on and 8 nuts holding the bumper on. It was pretty easy. You will have far more room to install the new heat exchanger with the bumper off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have to agree with you on the top notch service from Mont. I just ordered my setup, 2.5" and complete fuel system upgrade to E85, and he was great to deal with. I'll always pay a little more for great service but the awesome thing with Mont is you don't have to!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go with the steel crash bar/bumper. There were like 3 plastic push pins holding the styrofoam part on and 8 nuts holding the bumper on. It was pretty easy. You will have far more room to install the new heat exchanger with the bumper off.

Here are a couple pics of the studs in the back of the bumper and the plastic push pins for the styrofoam piece. 20180401_153532.jpg 20180401_140835.jpg 20180401_185942.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here are a couple pics of the studs in the back of the bumper and the plastic push pins for the styrofoam piece. View attachment 120538 View attachment 120546 View attachment 120554

Thanks for the info and the pictures! Very helpful.
Was there easy access to remove all 8 of the nuts holding the bumper on?

Sure seems like there's a lot more room to work with without that bumper bar in the way. Also no need to drain the power steering this way. I'm all for that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info and the pictures! Very helpful.
Was there easy access to remove all 8 of the nuts holding the bumper on?

Sure seems like there's a lot more room to work with without that bumper bar in the way. Also no need to drain the power steering this way. I'm all for that.
Only one on the passenger side was hard to get at, but not too bad. For me, once I got them loose I was able to finish taking them off by hand.

And this is why I do my own work. Had the supercharger replaced by the Caddy dealer here in Vegas about 6-9 months ago because it had the marble noise....while taking the snout off I found this little piece of buffoonery. 20180403_190318.jpg 20180403_190312.jpg

·
Registered
763 Posts
Huh, that's neat. It's extra funny since there is a pre-formed OEM hose for that but oh well???

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Huh, that's neat. It's extra funny since there is a pre-formed OEM hose for that but oh well???
My money is they broke the clips on the stock hose (I did that on one end removing mine installing catch can) and they had that lying around.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts