·
Premium Member
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #221

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
@random84, I'm 99% sure I've seen you and a couple others say this, but from everyone's experience, the LT1-S triple has the easiest pedal effort out of all our choices, right? I need to sit in someone else's manual car because I'm beginning to think my stocker is extra stiff for some reason...

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
@random84, I'm 99% sure I've seen you and a couple others say this, but from everyone's experience, the LT1-S triple has the easiest pedal effort out of all our choices, right? I need to sit in someone else's manual car because I'm beginning to think my stocker is extra stiff for some reason...
I'm only about 1500miles into mine, and the pedal effort is smooth and easy just like OE. Engagement point has moved up to about a 1/4 of the way off of the floor and holds like a mofo with the newfound power.

·
Premium Member
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Yes. It's the easiest to drive and closest to stock IMHO. Although the pedal does take slightly more effort it's very, very smooth.

Still going strong for me. I'm half tempted to leave the car running, so Adam can drive it and compare to the Mantic when he visits, but it would cost a lot of garage time (and partially waste his time).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Had mine since last April. It’s a breeze driving in traffic. Holds 800+ with ease. And has helped me to a best of 1.53 60ft. Don’t mess with anything else. I drove an RPS quad and it felt like a workout. Plus slipping it out of the hole at the track seems impossible with that clutch.

·
Premium Member
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
So approximately 20,000 mile update - yeah I guess time flies!

LT1-S still looking good! I posted this in my build thread but there is a machined metal alignment tool on Summit for $20 and I highly recommend picking one up the next time you order something. I used it to help hold the clutch while assembling and it has a very snug fit into the splines and pilot bearing.

When snugging the pressure plate bolts up, I hit it with a mallet up/down etc to keep the discs centered.

*note: the green brackets are backwards in this photo, I was just using them to capture the intermediate plate

·
Dick Pickles
5,729 Posts
Do you have a link to for the alignment tool? I scrolled through them all (Or did I?) and didn’t see the one in the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Keyser Manufacturing Clutch Alignment Tools 100 7414

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/KYS-100-7414

Add one to the parts pile!

I'm also loving my precision instruments split beam torque wrench. Totally worth it on all those sensitive parts.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
You should just go ahead and order the CS black engine mounts. Ask me why.....

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Yup, their days were numbered after the cam install.

"Hey, did you hear that?" (Passenger)
(Me) "What, the headers hitting the steering shaft or the engine hitting the hood?"

221 - 234 of 234 Posts