Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying a Gen 2 soon so naturally I have also been planning upgrades. I have been planning the following but are subject to change.
Lingenfelter 2.55 Pulley and Air Intake
DSX ZL1 Lid
Katech Ported Heads
Local dyno tuning
I also need help choosing the following:
Best bang for the buck fuel injectors - endless options.
Supercharger and snout porting - Katech, Kong, ect.?
E85 kit - DSX, SMG, ect.?
And opinions and help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That’s a decent start, I’m running the lingenfelter 2.55 kit with the airraid intake and green filter, 1050x injectors, in my opinion porting the snout isn’t really worth much but to each their own. I’d opt more for a ported ls7 throttle body from mamo motor sports and headers. You’ll also need to upgrade the cooling system once you start spinning the sc faster. Reinforced brick and something like the weaponx track attack heat exchanger with upgraded pump. Good luck in the search

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am planning on buying a Gen 2 soon so naturally I have also been planning upgrades. I have been planning the following but are subject to change.
Lingenfelter 2.55 Pulley and Air Intake
DSX ZL1 Lid
Katech Ported Heads
Local dyno tuning
I also need help choosing the following:
Best bang for the buck fuel injectors - endless options.
Supercharger and snout porting - Katech, Kong, ect.?
E85 kit - DSX, SMG, ect.?
And opinions and help would be greatly appreciated.
I went with a 2.5 and Airaid intake. Think about the end goal of what you want with the motor. Will you do a lower pulley? Does the upper pulley work with the available lowers to achieve your goal? Does the intake? Are you okay with buying twice or just once? Like for me I will go with a DDP intake if I do a lower and cam down the road.

Make sure to get the brick reinforced option when doing the lid.

Particular reason for Katech ported heads? Aftermarket castings? Depends on end goal for you. If you like to educate and have time, Rubber Duck makes some very informative posts regarding airflow.

In my opinion, injectors come down to budget and goals. I went with ID1050x in the CTSV because I do plan on e85 and these are sufficient for around the 700 wheel mark. I didn't want to spend the 750 extra to get the 1300's. There are a couple other brands that are good and a little cheaper. I'm also one that doesnt like stressing the injector and go over 85% duty cycle. I have Fuel Injector Clinic 1000 in my Shelby.

Research the porting company and see what style and knowledge you like. Jokerz and Kong seem to be most popular but other companies do it as well such as WeaponX.

If ordering the lid from DSX, could get the Aux fuel pump from them too. Seems to be popular one as well.

Like Ctarb1 said above, think about the throttle body that will fit your desired goal. Ported 90mm throttle body from Mamo? NW 103mm boosted? Just a factory LS7 throttle body? Sometimes saving and spending the money up front, once, is best.

Dont be afraid to click up in "Search Community" and type whatever you want to know about. 90% of the time there is some kind of info on it. Part of why I have a low post count because I read a lot of information.

Hope some of this helps or guides you towards your goals.

Reactions: Nick Bolduc
1 - 3 of 3 Posts