Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if the M1 212A filter will fit the 09 V, I know the M1 212 will but not sure about the M1 212A, Amazon says it won't fit ... Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes it's the same filter, just the newer model. I think most of the Mobil 1 filters now end in A. Supposedly the older filters were made a bit better and also cheaper, but still a great filter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have an A6 '09 and run the M1-212A. It's the "taller" version of the 212. It absolutely fits, and even though its "taller", it's still protected easily by the depth of the oil pan. It also allows for a bit more oil to be held. I run a full 6 quarts with the 212A, it's a great filter. Order it from Walmart, It's $4 cheaper than autozone, O Reily, etc.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's the same filter that I have been using for years.
Most of the guides will tell you it doesn't fit because it's a bit taller than the OE filter... This doesn't matter with our cars, we have tons of room under there.
Just don't forget to factor an extra 1/2 qt of oil when you refill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe on the Mobil filters, the difference would be that the ones that end in A, is that they are the annual filters vs every oil change. They are extended life when used with their extended synthetic oil. They claim 15,000 miles or 1 year along if I remember correctly. So, they say the oil and filter when used in that combo will last up to 15,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
I believe on the Mobil filters, the difference would be that the ones that end in A, is that they are the annual filters vs every oil change. They are extended life when used with their extended synthetic oil. They claim 15,000 miles or 1 year along if I remember correctly. So, they say the oil and filter when used in that combo will last up to 15,000 miles.
I can't imagine trying to save $10 by not changing the filter when I'm doing my oil change.

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
switch that around, change filter 2 times oil once
oil has gotten expensive but its still cheaper than engines
Ah that makes a bit more sense. Still seems like a bad idea to save $30 worth of oil vs a $10 filter

·
Registered
6 Posts
The way it read to me is both the correct oil and filter when used together, can last up to 1yr/20,000 miles whichever comes first. I personally will be changing my Vs oil each cycle, but on my DD (Honda Accord) I'll run 2 oil cycles before I changing it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
put whatever you want on the packaging and protect your butt with an *asterisk

·
Dat ass
1,675 Posts
i change the oil in my v once a year, I typically put right around 3k miles annually
Yeah I change mine once a year, usually around 2k miles on mine

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I change mine once a year, usually around 2k miles on mine
Same here, I was a little early on the oil & filter change but I was going to the track so figured I'd do it now. Plans have changed for going to the track but I' won't have to change the oil & filter until next year now. May still get to the track on my own later this year yet weather permitting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts