Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving in auto / sport mode I get 2 or 4 misfires and the aero gauge. it goes away until it comes back.
Sometimes I get P0219B, I checked everywhere for vacuum and exhaust leaks.
If I put it in manual (shifting) mode, while down shifting or letting off the gas, I can get 20 -30 misfires. When a lot of popping.

Car has a BTR stage 3 cam, ported supercharger and TB.

Any body else with large cams get a random misfire, it does clear itself. sometimes I can drive without anything happening.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Started when I got the car back from the tuner, he said the tune looks great. I will post the file as soon a I can. It's on the laptop. 3 computers in the house and that kid keeps walking off with that one :mad:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did notice on the scan, that plug 4 had some and 8 had the most. Wires & plugs are new.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Even 20 to 30 misfires isn't crazy, if you look at live data, if you have a hard miss the counter goes up fast and resets to 0 and does it all over again. You would think you'd get some on other cylinders as well though.

Need a decent log of misfires over all 8 cylinders. Even an inexpensive scan tool can give you that if your laptop is held hostage watching baby shark or something lol.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it was the boy, I'd smack him in the back of the head and take it. But what do you do with girl, she keeps making me a punk. in the meantime enjoy this clip.

·
Registered
197 Posts
is it actually misfiring or just logging misfires ? the ecu dosnt know if its actually misfiring its just keeping time of the rotation so if it slows down enough between cylinders it will log a miss, just having a camshaft can do that because of the unstable conditions, usually the misfire tables are maxed out or can be raised, if they are stock with the btr3 id say it just needs adjusting

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it actually misfiring or just logging misfires ? the ecu dosnt know if its actually misfiring its just keeping time of the rotation so if it slows down enough between cylinders it will log a miss, just having a camshaft can do that because of the unstable conditions, usually the misfire tables are maxed out or can be raised, if they are stock with the btr3 id say it just needs adjusting
Thanks, I tried to use the laptop (mind you, it's mine and belongs in the garage) for a quick minute to load the file but she gave me the same LOOK :devilish: her mother gives me. :oops:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am having the same trouble. Plugs and wires new. I think I have a plugged injector. Not sure. Sometimes runs out like a raped ape. Other times spits a bit then goes. Troubling... must need more highway miles and WOTs :) That is how I clean my Eldo out.... has been working for 25 years. Everyone remembers the Northstar. and its quirks Ect Ect. After working for a Cadillac dealer for 18 years.... I have seen my share of Cadillac Quirks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I keep getting this error
The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Man I was like how are your iat2s so high at idle right now... Then I looked at the ambient. Lucky fucker it's still like 40 here lol.

How long was that ignition cycle? Those counts don't look bad, as stated before the misfire count should have been changed in the tune.

·
Registered
197 Posts
look at your 02's they can be a giveaway for a misfire, here is a log i have of one just as u hear a pop in the exhaust u see the blip on the log, this was wot at about 4900rpm

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am on my second can of Gumout. Took her for a road test today. After 150 miles with the Gumout...... at 45 Mph..... Knocked it to the floor..... No traction control but stabilitrac on...... Lit the tires up with Zero misses. I had to let off. That would mean, all my problems were fuel injector related. My car is bone stock...... I am new to power like this. Gumout Tune-up worked for me so far.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just now added 3oz of Lucus treatment to it. I'll do it for the next 5 fill ups.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts