Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm new around here, just purchased a 2010 V sedan with about 30,000 miles 1 month ago. Supercharger was rattling so just took it in to have a new one installed under GM's extended warranty service bulletin.

Finished installing new supercharger yesterday and repair man called this morning and said my car is throwing a misfire code now. Not sure which cylinder, but he said they checked the spark plug, wire and coil. Has anyone had this issue after installing the new charger? Any ideas? They are going to do a compression test now and get back to me...

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,521 Posts
No! Check to be sure he has all the injector connections are properly seated, and all other connections.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
No! Check to be sure he has all the injector connections are properly seated, and all other connections.

maybe they will find the answer to your question.....lol

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Sounds like they missed something on the install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I realize I'm being impatient and hopefully it's nothing. But I am paying for the additional diagnostic and wanted to check with all of the knowledgeable folks on this website to see if anyone had a similar experience.

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Ironic how you bring your car in WITHOUT A MISFIRE, they do work, and then YOU pay an additional diagnostic fee to see why. If they find something, make damn sure it's the legitimate reason for it, and if it has ANYTHING to do with the removal and installation of the SC, they better refund you. That's just ridiculous to me.

·
Premium Member
14,268 Posts
Ironic how you bring your car in WITHOUT A MISFIRE, they do work, and then YOU pay an additional diagnostic fee to see why. If they find something, make damn sure it's the legitimate reason for it, and if it has ANYTHING to do with the removal and installation of the SC, they better refund you. That's just ridiculous to me.
This.

Misfire after replacing the supercharger is they either forgot to plug all the injectors back in (likely causing an error code), or fucked something up such as damaging an injector, harness or clip - if electrical I believe that trips a DTC code.

Unless they had your car on a dyno and saw/heard something, I suspect that your compression testing will be COMPLETELY normal, and they will magically solve the misfire issue... AFTER you pay the diagnostic fee, naturally.

·
Super Moderator
20,521 Posts
I wouldn't pay the diagnostic fee if you didn't have a misfire when you brought it to them.

It's obvious it's something on the install. Not hard to do, but it should only be one of a few things.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
This is the reason why I would never bring my car to the dealer for something this. The solid LPE isolator cost is $60 bucks. That and a little time to install, would have been money/time well spent not needing to deal with the dealer monkeys.

·
Super Moderator
16,473 Posts
Agree, SC install error, likely a pinched injector O-ring.

Spray carb cleaner at each injector and it will be obvious which one is leaking air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are awesome ?.

So I called them after not hearing anything for several hours and service guy says they are still looking into the issue. I asked if they had swapped plug wires with another cylinder and he said they hadn't got that far yet... Which makes me wonder what the hell they were doing for 4 hours. Compression test came back just fine, but didn't know the numbers. He didn't even know if they tried clearing the code to see if it came back right away or what cylinder was throwing the code.

My thought process was might as well get a new SC while I can under warranty, but was worried something like this might happen taking it to the local dealership. Lesson learned, I'm going in tomorrow to raise hell, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
The plug wires would of only been touched for the compression test not the SC swap and on these cars swapping wires is i would say impossible. I bet they missed a sensor connection, one of the SC to head bolts and it now has a vacuum leak, or like Larry said messed up an O ring on the injectors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You guys are awesome ?.

So I called them after not hearing anything for several hours and service guy says they are still looking into the issue. I asked if they had swapped plug wires with another cylinder and he said they hadn't got that far yet... Which makes me wonder what the hell they were doing for 4 hours. Compression test came back just fine, but didn't know the numbers. He didn't even know if they tried clearing the code to see if it came back right away or what cylinder was throwing the code.

My thought process was might as well get a new SC while I can under warranty, but was worried something like this might happen taking it to the local dealership. Lesson learned, I'm going in tomorrow to raise hell, thanks everyone!
Any luck? I'm having the same problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts