Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was torn about installing exhaust cutouts on my CTSV Coupe, I heard from some folks in NH that it was illegal and wouldn't pass inspection. I dealt with those types of issues on a modded BMW 535I Wagon that I had and did not want to deal with the hassle of hustling for an inspection sticker.

So, I went the mild to wild route. I heard that some corvettes have a "mild to wild" system where there is essentially an exhaust bypass integrated into the muffler and can be turned on or off with a button. I liked this idea but there were no kits available on the market for my CTSV Coupe, therefore I made my own. At the touch of a button the exhaust note goes from relatively stock to what this beast should sound like.

Build details:
Cut from the primary Cats back
2.5 inch stainless steel
Straight pipe (no X-pipe) I may add one back in
Xforce Varex electronically controlled mufflers
Xforce Exhaust tips
Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Curious on these mufflers, a ton of people just have electric cutouts but I have heard reliability isn't great, after a while they tend to seize up but if these have the actuator all internal to the muffler maybe they will last?
How much were they?

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I paid roughly $280 per muffler and had the Exhaust shop use the bolt up flanges so I can drop them out and replace if they fail. I will make a closed and open exhaust note video and post it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very interesting and unique setup. I'd be curious to see what the inside of the muffler looks with the valve open vs. closed.

·
Registered
2011 CTSV Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the one. Tucked the electronics right up against the underneath of the car, nice and protected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts