Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I remember reading somewhere that someone makes meth resistant replacement seals for the factory washer tank, but I can't find that thread for the life of me. Does anyone know if these are available? Thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Are you running 100% meth? Washer fluid has almost 75 percent meth in it depending what temp it's rated for I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan to run straight M1.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
I thought washer fluid was more like a 50/50 mix. Or was it 30/70?

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
151 Posts
Depends on the temperature it's rated to, -20 is like 39-50% methanol if I remember correctly.
I use windshield washer tank for 50/50 water meth on my charger, and it's been fine for ~4 years now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't see anything for meth resistant grommets, but if you think about it, some of these cars are are 12 or so years old with 50/50 meth in the tank so stock replacement should last you 5 or 6 years. You could hog the tank out and use a bulkhead fitting made of brass or stainless but you'd have to figure out a pump solution, like a little inline jobby with 1/4 nipples maybe.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
if you have to buy a new one, like i did, order for a base cts without the headlight washers- this way you have less holes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts