Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! It's been fun reading what everyone else is driving while their CTS-Vs are parked.

I recently had a go in the AMG GT C roadster (full write-up here) and holy hell is that an exciting car! I had so much fun driving it that I couldn't resist sharing...

Just like our CTS-Vs, the GT C has great feel and communication through the steering and chassis and a burly neck-snapping V8. But unlike my second-gen V, the GT C feels pin-point precise and corners flat as a pancake. Throw in a fantastic DCT for flawless shifts and rear-wheel steering to shrink the wheelbase, and the GT C attacks corners like it's on race track! (Turn off the ESP and it's ready for Formula Drift.)

Other than the price and depreciation, I didn't see much downside to this beast.

Anyone else had a go in a GT C? What did you think?

(Not my photo. Credit to the Mercedes press room! 馃槀)

Registered
I test drove one and loved it.it was 2 years old 20K miles and they wanted 100K and would not budge. I told them to keep it. Great car but you would not catch me in a rag top.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I test drove one and loved it.it was 2 years old 20K miles and they wanted 100K and would not budge. I told them to keep it. Great car but you would not catch me in a rag top.
Yeah, as a track guy I wouldn't want the soft top either. But whenever I do get into a convertible, and get the fresh air and smells swirling around me, I find it really is magical for street driving.

Registered
I would like to track the GT4 variant in track trim. The car was harsh on the street in race mode. I couldn't believe how much road feedback the car produced. I would also pick supercharging over the TT but you know how those euro weenies love the TT setup.

Premium Member
I had a couple of goes AGAINST a non convertible version.....pulled easily away both times from a 40 roll and a 50 roll. I wouldn't attempt this in the twisties though. :)

Reactions: Blades1_99

Premium Member
I'll have to get one.. when the kids are grown. :D

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a couple of goes AGAINST a non convertible version.....pulled easily away both times from a 40 roll and a 50 roll. I wouldn't attempt this in the twisties though. :)
Yeah, my stock CTS-V is just a little slower than my stock AMG GT S, so I can see how a modified CTS-V would dust the AMG!

Premium Member
If you can take them one at a time, the Diono Radian 3R booster fits in the front seat of my AMG GT S. I've taken my kindergartener to school a few times in the GT S.
Good call -i could just leave one locked in a closet while I drop the other off. Solid plan, I like it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Yeah, my stock CTS-V is just a little slower than my stock AMG GT S, so I can see how a modified CTS-V would dust the AMG!
I like surprising the Mercs, Hellcats, and Ferraris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts