Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
Haha. It was. 260# of ported blowers.

For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, much discussed option. Great for cooling down a large volume of fluid for a 1/4 mile run, but will actually add heat over the long run so NOT a good choice for a track car or anything that sees ongoing demand from the engine. It's basically a substitute for dumping ice into a big trunk tank...
Maybe I'm missing something. Seems to me if the chiller can get the IAT2 down around the 30/40s AND you ran a ice tank along with it how could you go wrong? The chiller is able to cool the system down lower than the ice alone. Then adding the ice once the chiller has done its job should give you the ability to sustain those temps through the pass? After the pass the chiller would kick back on and restart the process. Plus I would imagine you wouldn't go through ice as often either. This is how it works in my head anyway.... but then again for some reason no one seems to be doing it.

·
Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
I only have heard of one person running the chiller, and rarely hear anything from that person regarding it.

Most of the time the chiller discussions turn very negative very fast.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
260 Posts
I only have heard of one person running the chiller, and rarely hear anything from that person regarding it.

Most of the time the chiller discussions turn very negative very fast.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net
Would like to see more discussion on this. Threads turn ugly when the respective vendors chime in...hopefully that won't happen. Theory holds lots of promise.

·
Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
Would like to see more discussion on this. Threads turn ugly when the respective vendors chime in...hopefully that won't happen. Theory holds lots of promise.
Perhaps you could review the other threads, it's all there.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
interesting. I spoke at length with the manufacturer and he said there is no issues to run it all day every day. Hmm
Yes...it can be run all the time. I was merely stating that the benefits go away for circular track use and are really only there for drag and street race scenarios.

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts

Excellent example Steve..:eek:

However, some have stated that the collapse of the bridge was due to
'Harmonics' while others consider it to be due to 'Resonance'.

Link==>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Narrows_Bridge_(1940)

I always thought that the 'Primary' cause was related to a 'Resonance'
coupled with a High 'Q', or a 'High Freedom Of Movement'.

Take care Steve..:p

Bruce
Precisely. And other bridges like the Golden Gate have been mechanically retrofitted to decrease their Q. Not needed for strength but definitely for stability...

·
Premium Member
17,895 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something. Seems to me if the chiller can get the IAT2 down around the 30/40s AND you ran a ice tank along with it how could you go wrong? The chiller is able to cool the system down lower than the ice alone. Then adding the ice once the chiller has done its job should give you the ability to sustain those temps through the pass? After the pass the chiller would kick back on and restart the process. Plus I would imagine you wouldn't go through ice as often either. This is how it works in my head anyway.... but then again for some reason no one seems to be doing it.
Separate thread and a longer discussion. But yes, there's much more to it...

·
Registered
435 Posts
So who would be a top well respected business to send the blower to for rebuild? I guess i need to make it a habit of once a year or every 2 years during the summer to pull it off and have it freshened up.

·
Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
SuperchargersOnline is the only Eaton authorized shop in the country.

Call there, talk to Brian or Tony, tell them I (Steve) sent you.

Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
So who would be a top well respected business to send the blower to for rebuild? I guess i need to make it a habit of once a year or every 2 years during the summer to pull it off and have it freshened up.
As karch said you can use Brian. I wish I could get hooked up with eaton but Brian likes the way I do business and in under 6 weeks I have spent about $2200 in supercharger parts with him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454001342.135424.jpg

I have rebuilt over 40 LSA blowers in 6-7 months

And I have done over 350 blowers.

This month alone I have done 8 LSA blowers.

$450 is the cost of a full year down and rebuild with your standard parts. Any other needed parts shafts and other things will be needed after that. Turn around is 2-3 days pending parts availability.

Also if you ever get a full port by me its $300 on rebuilds for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have posted my combo with alot of discussion. It is 10.5 lower and 2.5 upper. I do have ls9 cam headers trunk tank. I have been running this combo for 6 months or so several track rents and Orlando 16. I am sure the life of blower may be effected, but reabuild seems inexpensive. I know its not for everyone. I have been satisfied with performance. I have personal best 10.41 at 132. I plan on going to flex fuel when Jeremy comes back to PA.
How has this combo held up? Sorry, I know it's an old thread but I believe I have the same setup on my new to me 2013 M6. I'm slowly working out all the bugs. Did going E85 help on IATs? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
How has this combo held up? Sorry, I know it's an old thread but I believe I have the same setup on my new to me 2013 M6. I'm slowly working out all the bugs. Did going E85 help on IATs? Thanks.
It can be hard to judge "life" because some people drive 500 miles a year - with most of that 1/4 mile at a time; and others drive 10k miles a year at 2k RPM on the highway.

E85 will definitely help with pre-detonation, even if IAT's remain high, due to its higher RON rating. E85 is better than a line of coke in a night club bathroom in the 80's - it makes everything awesomer!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
E85 will definitely help with pre-detonation, even if IAT's remain high, due to its higher RON rating. E85 is better than a line of coke in a night club bathroom in the 80's - it makes everything awesomer!
Bro, pumping a tank of E-85 is glorious....it's like getting a blo-job from from a transvestite name Chuck.

Reactions: ChevelleTS-V

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
Bro, pumping a tank of E-85 is glorious....it's like getting a blo-job from from a transvestite name Chuck.
I know Texas went "blue" recently, but around here we like our Trannies clean shaven with nice tits!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I know Texas went "blue" recently, but around here we like our Trannies clean shaven with nice tits!
In Oklahoma, that's like pumping E-98!

Reactions: ChevelleTS-V

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just picked up a pair of uppers, a 2.40 and a 3.0, running a 9.06 lower. Looks like I pretty much nailed my objective after reading this thread. A "near stock" daily pulley (and break in) and a max (safe) effort option for the strip?

Since my motor is a 6.0 block with 4" crank and stock rec ports, im sure the heads will sign off, well below the factory 6500 rpms your Caddy's are set to. So that should keep my blower rpm's happy no?

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
I just picked up a pair of uppers, a 2.40 and a 3.0, running a 9.06 lower. Looks like I pretty much nailed my objective after reading this thread. A "near stock" daily pulley (and break in) and a max (safe) effort option for the strip?

Since my motor is a 6.0 block with 4" crank and stock rec ports, im sure the heads will sign off, well below the factory 6500 rpms your Caddy's are set to. So that should keep my blower rpm's happy no?
With the 2.4/9.06, you're spinning the blower around 24500rpm, and 19600rpm with the 3.0/[email protected] engine speed.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts