Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
An incredible story. Kudos to Mark for his emphasis on safety equipment. Even at the drag strip I won't leave my visor open again. I also admire his perseverance. For anyone who has endured OT and PT it can be incredibly painful, but even more than that is the mentality you need to keep going back and doing your best when you know how much it's going to hurt time after time. That is a man.

Reactions: m13s

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Unbelievable story. He's a lucky man and every luckier to have good support around him to make it back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
To all racers and HDPE participants, this is a story of what happens in a blink of an eye.
Mark reached out to me after my fireball incident and was gracious and kind I told him my crash was nothing compared to his. I mean nothing.

Congrats to Mark for telling his story and surviving.

I'll take my incident (not accident) and be happy I only broke 13 ribs, my leg and foot and back in 4 places. I only spent 11 months in a hospital bed. He has years to go. This video made me cry from empathy for him and his family. My wife also had to take a year off work and take care of our 2 young kids. 6 and 4 years old.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Great that he can tell the story. I spent a month in a burn unit about 12 years ago. Few years after that I blew the motor on my V and had flames pouring out the u derided of my car. Definitely freaked me out after the burn experience.

To this day I have never felt anything close to the pain levels while in the burn unit and I’ve broken plenty of bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m13s
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.