Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The wagon in the OP is being asked at $88k now.

This dude be on crack.

And @Daron I'll give you $36k right now. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Manual and Recaros are a huge plus. Negatives are the high miles, raven black and maybe the sunroof. It's a driver, not a collector for sure.

I'd honestly think high 30s is possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'd bet somebody would go mid-40s to get into the manual Vagon club.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,

I am from Holland and last week I bought a 3.6 V6 sedan with the intention of moving quickly to the Wagon version and eventually try to find a nice V. These cars are also pretty rare here, the Wagons appear to have been a little more popular in Germany and some East European countries.

There are currently a few for sale in Europe now (all automatic) and I stumbled upon a fairly cheap Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 6.2 V8 Automatic from 2011. To get in Holland will add to the price, transport, duties, plates will sent me back for another 4000-5000 euro. I am hesitant because it's a few countries from me and has 189000 kilomers on it. What would you think at about 24500 USD or 20190 euro?

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,

I am from Holland and last week I bought a 3.6 V6 sedan with the intention of moving quickly to the Wagon version and eventually try to find a nice V. These cars are also pretty rare here, the Wagons appear to have been a little more popular in Germany and some East European countries.

View attachment 149377

There are currently a few for sale in Europe now (all automatic) and I stumbled upon a fairly cheap Cadillac CTS-V Wagon 6.2 V8 Automatic from 2011. To get in Holland will add to the price, transport, duties, plates will sent me back for another 4000-5000 euro. I am hesitant because it's a few countries from me and has 189000 kilomers on it. What would you think at about 24500 USD or 20190 euro?

View attachment 149376
Depends on the condition of the car. For a ~110k mile equivalent Wagon, you'll be into it for $25k euro or $30k USD...

Motor is likely good but engine accessories, fluids, suspension bushings etc are all probably on the short list for replacement or repairs. Plus the rear diff.

None of these things are a huge deal if you're mechanically inclined, but being locked up in Europe makes me think that "routine" repairs could be expensive.

If you're truly in love with the Wagon, haggle the dealer with all of the above to save a few thousand euro for parts.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
897 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,

I would agree with Random84 that the price assuming the car is in decent condition is a good price. Since it sounds like the car is kind of far from you I would attempt to get a third party to inspect it for you. In the US there are companies that you can pay, I believe around $200-300, that will look at the car for you and let you know of any blemishes or mechanical issues they find in looking at the car so you can then buy the car with confidence. I would assume there are companies in Europe providing similar services.

The important areas to note on these cars would be looking for shock leaks (parts alone for all 4 MR shocks in the US run about $1000). Any noise coming from the rear differential although European cars got differential coolers fitted from the factory so it should be less of an issue there than it is here. Bushing wear would also be a concern with that many miles but that goes for any car with that much mileage, it's just a matter of how sensitive the car is to the bushing wear and higher end cars get higher end bushings that yield worse performance with age than the bushings in a cheap econobox.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts