Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Black on Black with silver calipers. Sold it with new brakes and new Toyo R888;s all around too.

By far the hardest car that I ever sold. Between the shitheads and wanna be's it was very time consuming. A guy came in from Michigan we agreed to the price he drove it away and was happy. Let him use my plates as well for the ride. Had one guy that drove me bonkers, taking pictures and came back to me with every little thing, frustrating to say the least. These cars are very specific and the average car joe hears about them and wants in on the unicorn status. That is the frustrating part, everyone wants to "Deal' on these and if they are priced right the will sell, the hard part is there are no deals on this model. Also add some wagon owners think the car is worth much more than the market will support.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,924 Posts
ive always said its hard to sell expensive used cars, especially when you arent appealing to the ultra wealthy who can just wire money in an instant.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ive always said its hard to sell expensive used cars, especially when you arent appealing to the ultra wealthy who can just wire money in an instant.
Instead you get stuck dealing with people who think they can buy it for cheaper than an auto wagon with standard seats and resell it for $20k over current market price.

·
Dick Pickles
5,759 Posts
I had mine sold a few months ago. Asking price was $57k. Sold for $55k. And he paid for shipping. In the middle of transferring money, the buyer had a family emergency. I gave him 10 days to work out the details. It didn’t go through, but he wired me $500 for my troubles. I took it off the market and have been enjoying it again ever since. 2011 M6, slickroof, recaro, alcantara, woodgrain, and 27,xxx miles. There were a lot of scammers, tire kickers, etc out there, but I had three genuine buyers with genuine offers. Most wanted to pay high 30s, low 40s, quoting a high mileage auto from KBB, NADA, etc. They were the most annoying of the group. The genuine three were in the low 50s and had the normal requests for information and pictures that most of us would feel comfortable with. These cars are hard to sell, but there are buyers out there. Finding them is the hard part. Right now, From what I’ve observed, for a true unicorn (m6/slickroof) and decently low miles, $55k is their range +/- $3k-$4k for condition, timeframe, and miles.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^

I could not agree more. I loved the gusy that would try to negotiate with the bs info from KBB and NADA. Had one guy that offered 35K CASH. Ohh I got so weak in the knees I said yes. He said really? I said yes again, and added it will take that 35+ another 20 and you can drive it home.

Agreed that they are a hard sell and they are so specific. Now with the new CT4/5BW that are going to come out how long before you hear people clamoring for a wagon ?

·
Dick Pickles
5,759 Posts
^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^

I could not agree more. I loved the gusy that would try to negotiate with the bs info from KBB and NADA. Had one guy that offered 3%K CASH. Ohh I got so weak in the knees I said yes. He said really? I said yes again, and added it will take that 35+ another 20 and you can drive it home.

Agreed that they are a hard sell and they are so specific. Now with the new CT4/5BW that are going to come out how long before you hear people clamoring for a wagon ?
There are plenty out there! The amount of busted up trucks, rusted out g-body’s, 4 wheelers, boats, transmissions, guns, etc. I could have had if I had just agreed to their offer. Lol!!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The wagon at the beginning of this post is worth at least $60k no problem. However, the dude is expecting $73k FIRM i KnOw WhAt I hAvE. Maybe he'll even get $65k, but I just don't see $73k. ?

·
Dick Pickles
5,759 Posts
The wagon at the beginning of this post is worth at least $60k no problem. However, the dude is expecting $73k FIRM i KnOw WhAt I hAvE. Maybe he'll even get $65k, but I just don't see $73k. ?
The mileage is low, and it’s stock, which is huge for these cars. But, with an Ultraroof, it just won’t carry the unicorn money. If it was a slickroof, I think he could squeeze out low $60k. Being it’s a very low mileage, Ultraroof m6, I truly believe it’s in the territory of a $50k-$55k. I think he’s hoping for that collector that has too much money and needs another car for his collection. That’s the only way he sees that money, or close to it.

Reactions: Coda

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Yeah selling expensive used cars can be hard private party because it’s hard to get that much cash and hard to trust a rando’s cashiers check... but the people are generally more professional.

my worst experience was selling my modified/built Subaru.

Half the kids that kept blowing me up to see it would show up and not know how to drive a manual and would want to talk for an hour before offering me half of the lowest I would have taken or offer to trade for a salvage title 600cc sport bike and a stolen mountain bike or some shit. And literally every other person would ask if I would seller finance it for them lol...yeah I’m gunna be the bank and carry the note for some sketchy vaping high schooler who will for sure wrap it around a tree in a week....

Ended up selling to a nice older guy who drove 300 miles to come get it but it took 50 annoying tire kickers to get there.

On the other hand the most expensive car I’ve ever bought private party was the Porsche 911 from a nice old rich couple and it was the smoothest transaction ever. I would buy from people like that any day over stepping into a stealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m13s

·
Registered
64 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I bought a bone stock 2012 manual wagon with 31k miles (Black TriCoat with recaros and sunroof) last fall for $48k. I felt like the price was on the high side of fair, but I didn't have to travel to get it so that helped.

·
Super Moderator
17,169 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I bought a bone stock 2012 manual wagon with 31k miles (Black TriCoat with recaros and sunroof) last fall for $48k. I felt like the price was on the high side of fair, but I didn't have to travel to get it so that helped.
What do you base “high side of fair” on?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nothing scientific, just my personal opinion and what I saw other cars go for. I thought a fair range for the wagon was around $45k. I didn't have to travel and it was black on black so that helped me spend a little more.

Every buyer is different though, I would have preferred a modded car over a stock one but I know plenty of folks would not.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's a very good price. I would have considered $50k-$55k a fair price on the wagon you described. That's not counting the current market with the pandemic going on of course. Car market is way down right now.

·
Super Moderator
17,169 Posts
Nothing scientific, just my personal opinion and what I saw other cars go for. I thought a fair range for the wagon was around $45k. I didn't have to travel and it was black on black so that helped me spend a little more.

Every buyer is different though, I would have preferred a modded car over a stock one but I know plenty of folks would not.
So pretty much the high side of your desired budget.

·
Registered
188 Posts
IMG_3776.jpg

I’ve wondered about pricing recently. With Covid, I hardly drive and that isn’t going to change anytime soon. I bought mine in Nov of 2011 and have 110k miles on it. Manual, Recaros, and sunroof.

·
Premium Member
15,287 Posts
View attachment 147546
I’ve wondered about pricing recently. With Covid, I hardly drive and that isn’t going to change anytime soon. I bought mine in Nov of 2011 and have 110k miles on it. Manual, Recaros, and sunroof.

Manual and Recaros are a huge plus. Negatives are the high miles, raven black and maybe the sunroof. It's a driver, not a collector for sure.

I'd honestly think high 30s is possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Manual and Recaros are a huge plus. Negatives are the high miles, raven black and maybe the sunroof. It's a driver, not a collector for sure.

I'd honestly think high 30s is possible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Definitely a driver. Has a door ding, rock chips and the like. For the miles it still looks good. The interior specifically has held up rather well.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts