Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what Manifold Air Temps people are logging during and right after a WOT run. Degrees above ambient Intake air temps. And is that with stock pulley or aftermarket pulley(s)?

Also, with HP tuners, I see two MAT readings that seem to give different readings. Not sure what the difference is.

·
Registered
124 Posts
there are one or two iat readings iat1 is inlet and iat2 is after the blower, usually the MAT reading is the calculation of the iat1 and coolant temp depending on the bias value so it knows how hot the combined temp is based on the amount of airflow going in thru the manifold and heating up before combustion, or if u have iat2 then the bias may be to use that only if the MAT is the same reading as iat2, if its not the same reading then the bias is using a little ECT reading also

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Curious what Manifold Air Temps people are logging during and right after a WOT run. Degrees above ambient Intake air temps. And is that with stock pulley or aftermarket pulley(s)?

Also, with HP tuners, I see two MAT readings that seem to give different readings. Not sure what the difference is.
Theres actually 2 MAT readings on HPtuners for these cars for sme reason, one of them is a real sensor and a real reading, it will move up and down fast, you should see it jump 30-40 degrees on a long WOT pull

The other is estimated nonsense that seems to kinda hang out and not move fast

You wanna log the one that moves around fast only as this is the actual reading

Even in stock form its easy to get up to 160 degrees MAT on a 1/4 mile pass

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. that's about what I'm seeing. about 75 degrees above IAT on a WOT run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts