Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently received my Tony Mamo Ported LSA TB. I chose his TB over all the rest because the majority of people on here preached so hard about how he is the best of the best. Now I'm not doubting that. But my initial concern is whether or not there's gonna be an issue because I received a Chinese silver blade TB. I was assuming it was gonna be a ported stock GM gold blade. Especially since that's what's shown on his website. Again, I'm not knocking it yet. I'm just concerned and asking if anyone else got a Chinese silver blade TB from him rather than a GM gold blade. Any input? I was super excited about this part, but now I'm just meh...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Post a picture. An LSA tb isn’t a gold blade. It’s silver if I remember right. The gold blade is an LS3/7 90mm.

Reactions: jcs003 and Blown376

·
Registered
642 Posts
He told me if I wasn’t happy with it after I put some drive time on it to send it back no questions asked. I’d just give him a call or email, tony is a great guy. I’d also consider going to the ls7 tb over the lsa, it’s a better option and it’s direct plug and play

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just installed it and I honestly can't complain with the feel of it. It is DEF a noticable enhancement on that low end power. And my own LSA TB as well as the pictures on Tony's website are def 100% gold or brass blade. The ported one I received is exactly the same TB just ported, with a silver blade, and a "made in China" label on the side of it. I could also notice the porting when I had them side by side. Meaning I could see where he opened it up. So performance wise I am def impressed so far. But it could also be partially attributed to the cleaning I gave the snout to go with the fact that the new TB was much cleaner. So clean+clean+port work = noticable woo-hoo factor. And as for the LS7 TB... I considered it. But I don't like how close it gets to the upper Pulley. And from my research it seemed my best plan was to stick with the LSA TB until I pass that threshold, if I pass that threshold, where I would upgrade to a 102mm or bigger. So again. No complaints with the perfoace so far. I'm just thinking about the Chinese parts reputation and asking to see if anyone else got the Chinese part rather than the OEM part from Tony. And I know that if it doesn't work out Tony will work with me to make sure I'm happy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the opportunity to get a few miles in with the Mamo TB today. And I feel it's important for me to point out that I have NO complaints about the performance of this piece. I sorta felt guilty even questioning Tony's product. Truth be told, It has made an undeniable difference in immediate throttle response. There are 2 comparisons that come to mind when I'm driving it. 1: it feels just like my previous CTS felt after I installed the throttle controller. And 2: It's very similar to the throttle response of my 2018 Yamaha MT09. Its like "woo-hoo" when you give it gas. It actually feels like it'll take a little getting used to trying to pull away from a dead stop without jerking the passengers. So to be clear, it's certainly not Tony's port work in question here. My concern was solely based on the "made in China" aspect. And worse case, if I was truly that bothered by it or if something wasn't quite right with it I would just request a return/refund and give the Soler TB a shot. But as of right now I am very pleased with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts