2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What’s the advantage to this over the Kong?
Just looking at it.....the intercooler....that you get with the unit. I don't know where the IAT2 sensor location is, but it can't be as bad as the one in the Kong lid.

is that photoshopped lol
No, you can buy this now.

Do they really have a stock airbox and throttle body on that setup? 🤔
They want the regular person to buy it. Just with the blower upgrade the stock LSA made like 50-60hp more and like the same with torque. I don't know the details on boost levels. You know as well as I do....nobody buying this blower is keeping the rest of the engine stock. But Magnuson wanted the consumer to know they can buy this and upgrade later.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
$6400 for blower & lid + 3 year warranty?

Reactions: JAustin

·
Registered
642 Posts
These are already on eBay as well. In reading the listing it appears it’s a complete “kit” comes with all brackets, hoses,clamps, pulley, belt and a handheld tuner to adjust your tune yourself. I wonder if it will only accept their pulleys or if it’s a hub that you can put aftermarket ones on

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
View attachment 152765

Magnuson Magnum TVS2650 Supercharger System for Cadillac CTS-V LSA & Camaro ZL1 - Superchargers Online

You all need to sell your Kong shit and buy this.

Dual core like Intel Processors.

Murica.

@random84 - Sell your blower and lid. Boom This is paid for. Your Unicorn deserves the best.
Muhaha.

To be fair, you'd get more gainz over the stock LSA 1.9 with some porting and pullies. We'll see how she does with some purpose builds - I can't say I've seen much on it, but I agreed it can't be worse than the Kong; and pretty much has to be better.

I like the dual brick design but it would be silly for me to switch now.

Imma going to make the Kong work - even if I have someone cut the lid off and reweld it with more plenum volume. I'd think a cNC program for a taller Kong lid would make some money for the LSA.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just looking at the lid design, it looks like it would have the same issue with the back two cylinders.

I assume the SC discharge port seals against the lid and forces the airflow back up and through the brick and then back down. Also I can't tell from the pics where IAT is measured.

·
Registered
282 Posts
But………….. “You can’t install a 2650 on a stock engine, you’ll blow it to the moon”

Nice factory air box, stock tb, and stock T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts

I assume the SC discharge port seals against the lid and forces the airflow back up and through the brick and then back down. Also I can't tell from the pics where IAT is measured.
To me, it looks like it discharges to the lid, then goes down through the brick(s), then out to the runners.

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To me, it looks like it discharges to the lid, then goes down through the brick(s), then out to the runners.
It indeed does.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think we're saying the same thing. It looks like the lid has 2 chambers. It flows from the discharge port to the upper chamber, through the brick to get to the lower chamber which feeds the intake ports.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts