Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Enjoying soaking up the wealth of knowledge on here. I'm looking at a Gen II CTS-V with the 2.3L Maggie already installed (amongst other items including cam, full exhaust, etc.). From what I've read on here thus far, if I was starting out with a stock car and has aspirations of doing the basic mods to get to the 550 - 600 rwhp range, then it wouldn't make sense to deal with the cost of the Maggie (as the stock 1.9 blower can get you there).

My question is: Since this is already on the car, is there any downside to the Maggie 2.3L setup? I'm OK with the fact that it isn't a glaring value add to have it on the car given my goals, however I want to make sure it isn't a problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
OP, does the car your looking at have an auxiliary fuel pump or aftermarket fuel system? You will need either or to reach the numbers you seek.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Have you taken the car and put it on a dyno? Seems like that might give you a good idea of where you are and where you want to go.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a Maggy 2.3 on my car. (Ignore my sig, it needs updating) It does make a tad bit more power over a fully ported blower but not that much more. It also screams a lot louder than the factory blower, if that matters any. Since it's already on the car then leverage it, there are no draw backs to it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the feedback. The particular car I was looking at was setup well with supporting mods that ended up being significantly more than I wanted to dive into (cam, cooling mods, E85, injectors, etc.). I ended up buying a 2012 sedan with 14K miles. Bone stock (for now) but am looking forward to taking this one step at a time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts