Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 CTS V, I'm trying to figure out which lug nut torque setting is correct. My vin is higher than 114468 aka built on October 5th 2015 or later. I have seen posting about GMSi or GM Techlink releasing a bulletin stating the toque level changed on higher VINS/Later Build Dates.

My understanding is that VINS that are higher than that, or built on October 5th or later, had the silver tinted wheel nuts and the proper torque setting is 140ft lbs even though the manual still says 110f lbs.

Can someone please confirm this? Hopefully someone with a 2016 and higher VIN haha. This has been a 2 hour search on google and digging through this forum as well as others, and I'm still lost on what the correct answer is.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I been using 110ft lbs without any issues, I am going to change it to 140 now thanks to this thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I been using 110ft lbs without any issues, I am going to change it to 140 now thanks to this thread.
Be sure to check your specs for your specific year...also if it's a V3 check your build date/vin to be sure it's not supposed to be 110 like some are.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes the last 6 of my VIN are 194085. Thanks for checking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts