Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got Matts 2.5 in the other week and thought I'd do a little idle video. Also has a little slow-mo war drums action towards the end. Cool effect I saw a video of on Facebook. All shot on an iPhone so not the best sounds quality. Exhaust is kooks long tubes with catless x pipe and stock mufflers. Enjoy!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nice slow-mo you did there!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Slow motion sounds pretty damn cool

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Headers to stock mufflers is the way to go. Sounds great.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's what I have ^^^^^csmad exhaust setup as well.
Slight chop. Quite around. But when you get in it. It screams!!

·
Premium Member
2016 ATS-V
3,675 Posts
Slow mo sound like a war March

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds nice. How is the sound when driving?
Don't even notice a difference compared to stock cam until you get back to idle. Turns a lot of heads.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys. Slow mo has to be one of the coolest effects ever for exhaust videos. Even stock cam sounded cool in slow mo.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Did you notice the powerband move up? Curious if the off idle power is still there in comparison to the stock cam? I'm upper/lower pullied and am contemplating a cam but don't want to lose the off idle explosiveness it has now

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds great. Definitely the only one like it in Hawaii
For sure. Pretty sure I have the most wicked sounding v out here.
Did you notice the powerband move up? Curious if the off idle power is still there in comparison to the stock cam? I'm upper/lower pullied and am contemplating a cam but don't want to lose the off idle explosiveness it has now
I'm with acblack on this one. If there is any movement in the powerband you don't notice it. Pulls hard everywhere. Maybe Matt can chime in on what the powerband is normally like for the 2.5.

Reactions: Jchastain

·
Registered
600 Posts
How much boost you running? Pulley combo?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Slow mo sounds pretty cool, I was waiting for the bass drop.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im beginning to like that 2.5 , sounds badass

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea the 2.5 sounds sick. Get compliments pretty much everywhere I go. Enough chop to know somethings there but not too crazy. Currently she's idling at 750. Don't know what Matt usually idles them at.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.