·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Yup

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Get some info up! Did this to mine 3 years ago, love seeing what everyone does on swaps. Pics?

Reactions: ChevelleTS-V

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just double checking since its not really close to anything truly CTS-V lol. Right now the motor is in the car with the T-56 Magnum (RPM transmissions) Level 6 with Monster Triple disk.

Motor started as an L-76 out of a Pontiac G8, low mileage, so we just honed the cylinders to keep them as thiccc as possible. Manley forged 4" rotating kit (2618 pistons, with tool steel file fit rings) 11:1 and zero decked with MLS gaskets. ARP studs main and heads. Inconnel exhaust valves, titanium retainers, otherwise stock heads (yeah yeah yeah). BTR PDS Stage 4 cam. Holley LS Swap long tubes. Soon to be X-pipe, all mandrel bent stainless (like my Vette).

LSA is currently brand new and all stock (save for the new designed coupler) but I plan on an 8 nozzle meth kit (I dont like running meth through the blower, I want to preserve the sacrificial coating). Like all my motors, my wife and I built it ourselves, and I left room to improve on purpose if the car doesnt pull the numbers we want. Her daily is a C6 Z06 with a Maggy 2300 so shes a major gear head too.

That being said I just received my Wegner blacked out drive kit and I need to order pulleys. Im trying to figure out an ATI pulley (has the correct LSA specific ATI damper already). I want to run a YUUGGGE blower pully for break in (low boost) but have a much smaller one for the drag strip. Not exceeding your guys recommended 23k RPM, id like to hear everyone's recommendations to get me close. Obviously its a lot easier to change blower than crank pulleys (Grip Tech hub already installed). Being a long rod, high compression, stroker motor, with stock rec ports I dont intend/need to spin the motor real fast, even though the bottom end can certainly take it. I kept the comp ratio high so I didnt have to spin the blower crazy to make power. It will be run on E-85 24/7 unless I get stuck on straight pump (GM ethanol sensor equipped CTV-S computer). Until I can get it on the dyno and see when the heads sign off, I wont know what RPM to set the rev limit to and therefore cant say for sure what pulleys will be best, I just want to get close enough for now.

Ill get some pics up ASAP.

Guess I should have looked closer in the trunk, lol!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hell yeah

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next step is to get a shift lever, clutch pedal and master. Also need to figure out the fuel pump stuff. I was told I needed at least two 400lph pumps but that's going to be tricky with how low profile these tanks are. Aeromotive suggested a brushless gear pump, but I hate external pumps and how noisy they are.

About the only thing I'm sure about, is that I'm not sure about anything... lol

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Give Carl at vaporworx a call. I got a Rick’s Restomod tank with twin 450’s, sent the pump assembly to Carl and he built me a pulse width module controller for it and made sure everything worked properly. Had a great experience with him. Super simple to use also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Give Carl at vaporworx a call. I got a Rick’s Restomod tank with twin 450’s, sent the pump assembly to Carl and he built me a pulse width module controller for it and made sure everything worked properly. Had a great experience with him. Super simple to use also.
Sweet, will do, thnx!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks to everyone who recommended Carl at VaporWorx. He had me order his setup through Ricks tanks in El Paso. PWM triple pump setup (three 525's) in a fabricated stainless tank. 6 week build time is the only draw back, lol!

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
What was the reason to go with a triple pump setup?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What was the reason to go with a triple pump setup?
To avoid starvation. My dyno guy had a similar setup on the dyno with a dual 525 and it was running out of fuel.
Do you suspect it too much? With a PWM setup only the needed amount is used.

Car will be run on E-85 24/7 up to near 100% Ethanol at times.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I also have a pwm controller from Carl. I don’t have the cubic inches you do, still 376. Carl told me twin 450’s are more than enough. Car made 750 of both at the wheels on 55% E, but said it will be just fine on full E...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I also have a pwm controller from Carl. I don’t have the cubic inches you do, still 376. Carl told me twin 450’s are more than enough. Car made 750 of both at the wheels on 55% E, but said it will be just fine on full E...
Ok, I misread my notes. Carl is awesome, spent a ton of time on the phone with me (again). You are correct, twin 450's was plenty so I went twin 525's for future growth (heads and bigger blower). Glad you asked, saved me some money! =)

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I'm on the phone with Carl now, what's your full setup please sir?
Same setup as you, car and transmission. 376 LSA, gmpp cnc ls3 heads, Matt’s 2.5 cam, stock CR, and all the typical supporting stuff.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Yeah, Carl is a great guy, he definitely wants to satisfy the customer and will talk as long as you need.

Reactions: ChevelleTS-V
1 - 20 of 30 Posts