Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this 2012 CTS-V A6 Sedan and have been talking to John at Dedicated about upgrades and had a few questions that I wanted to relay though everyone. First of all this car has QTP cutouts, Airaid Intake, ZL1 lid, and a trunk mount icebox with 3/4" line running all the way up to the lid. My first question is do I NEED to do injectors BEFORE I swap the upper pulley? John recommended that I did and I mean no disrespect to him or his advice, but in the mod/dyno number list sticky I see that there are a few running stock injectors with smaller uppers successfully. I definitely will upgrade injectors eventually, but they are just so damn expensive and everything else is reasonably priced enough. This question could also possibly be irrelevant since with the mods I bought the car with it might have upgraded injectors I just can't see them. Next question is are the injectors easy to pull to check them? This is my first supercharged car (previously all carburated nitrous) so I am not really sure of myself tearing into this thing quite yet.. I probably wont do a whole lot other then pulley and eventually injectors since DD and all. Thanks in advance!!

Kevin

·
Registered
54 Posts
Short answer to the injector question, with planned mods: YES. Unless you want to risk blowing your engine and spending 10x more than what injectors would have cost in the first place. I don’t have a write up on the removal of the injectors , but you pretty much just remove the fuel rails. It isn’t hard to do.

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
Just read a few of the hundreds of threads.

Get injectors, especially if you have future plans, cuz you will probably have future plans, or don’t get injectors and you will probably have a future (unplanned) engine build.

Think of it like nitrous running with a clogged fuel jet, same result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. Looks like a set of ID1050's just moved from the middle of the mods list to the top! Now to convince the wife...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
...and I don't think it's been mentioned, but super easy to do too...just need to have a tune ready or if you're self tuning, make the changes before you run it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts