Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,028 Posts
Update, wound up just doing the engine dyno break in. Have so much money already invested figured i might was well just have everything documented done 100% correctly. N/A my motor made 575hp, with on 17lbs of boost car made over 800hp and 800tq on ignite red 114. Ran into another issue of course cannot catch a break. My blower locked up solid before the last few passes. Was still trying to get the timing perfect and it locked up at idle. Made a high pitch squeal and locked up. Guess its a known issue with my model year blower. Crazy it only happened with 14k miles on it. Currently getting the blower rebuilt.
Sucks with the blower, but 114 octane is the tits. Any idea what kind of timing you were running?

At least the blower is easily rebuildable

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sucks with the blower, but 114 octane is the tits. Any idea what kind of timing you were running?

At least the blower is easily rebuildable

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Honestly not sure what my builder was doing with the timing. I didn’t get into specifics about it. That stuff is Chinese to me haha. But found out my blower binded with the housing. So not to sure if it’s fixable or not. Don’t know if the case got beat up or not. The rotor pack was scuffed minimally. So I don’t think it’s too bad. But I don’t have time to wait for it to send it out to see if it’s fixable or not. So I bought a Rebuilt ported blower, With a ported snout, that has a 2.35 grip tech. That comes Tuesday pretty pumped about that!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the blower. I didn't think it was common for the LSA blowers to lock up. If you had it ported, it's possible the porter cracked the needle bearing area from A. rough install with a hammer or B. ported to thin around the needle bearing area and it cracked from extreme use. This is just a theory of why your blower locked up. I'd inspect it, as it could be bearing failure and nobody's fault.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm sorry to hear about the blower. I didn't think it was common for the LSA blowers to lock up. If you had it ported, it's possible the porter cracked the needle bearing area from A. rough install with a hammer or B. ported to thin around the needle bearing area and it cracked from extreme use. This is just a theory of why your blower locked up. I'd inspect it, as it could be bearing failure and nobody's fault.
It was a stock blower. I sold it to a porter to fix for 650! Which isn’t bad I’d say for a broken blower. I bought a new rebuilt ported blower that was ported by WCCH. I’ll be running a 2.35 upper and a 9.179 lower @15% ATI Damper which it seems the consensus is I’ll be creating to much heat.

·
Registered
781 Posts
It was a stock blower. I sold it to a porter to fix for 650! Which isn’t bad I’d say for a broken blower. I bought a new rebuilt ported blower that was ported by WCCH. I’ll be running a 2.35 upper and a 9.179 lower @15% ATI Damper which it seems the consensus is I’ll be creating to much heat.
Not a bad deal selling it for that price. I've got a blower on it's way back from WCCH. I'll be running a 2.35/9.5 combo.....but it's feeding a 427, so the boost won't be that high (14psi). As long as you can manage the heat, go for it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts