·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,410 Posts
Wow... I paid $295 for mine from LPE.

BTW, Is there a link to the Saleen expansion tank you have?

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... I paid $295 for mine from LPE.

BTW, Is there a link to the Saleen expansion tank you have?
I was thinking I was hooking someone up fat at this price. I guess everyone probably already has an intake considering its the first thing most people do to their car.. In retrospect, the LPE is a great intake. My IAT1s are way high now at low speeds and while stopped with the NE, even with the brake duct removed and a 14" filter..

Ya, here's the link for the Saleen Intercooler Recovery Tank:

http://speedlab.saleen.com/store_co...121607&store_id=1&dept_id=981&product_id=7104

Just a heads up, I had to buy a lower coolant line with a 90 deg bend, since the exit is straight out the bottom. You also have to do some trimming to the saleen mounting bracket. I am happy with the way it turned out especially for the money.

·
Vendor
323 Posts
How many miles was this used for and did you mod your box like lpe recommends? Can you hear the blower whine with this setup? ;) Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The intake was on for approx 5k miles. When I got the car dynoed, the box was unmodified. I modified the box afterwards resulting in much more blower whine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,410 Posts
Just a heads up, I had to buy a lower coolant line with a 90 deg bend, since the exit is straight out the bottom. You also have to do some trimming to the saleen mounting bracket. I am happy with the way it turned out especially for the money.
Do you know how much fluid it holds?

Thx!

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll take it ;)
Ok. My paypal is: [email protected]
PM me with your address (if different from your paypal address) and I'll ship it out as soon as I receive payment. Thanks.

Thx!
Sorry, dont know, but it isnt much. I would guess approx 12-16 oz?? It is great for bleeding the loop and adds a little volume, but I would not buy it with the primary intention of adding volume. Get Norcals box for that.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sent, thanks for the freakin awesome deal I appreciate it :)
You're welcome. I figure its better off in a forum members car, then collecting dust in my garage. I get it packed up tonight after work and send it out tomorrow morning. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thx!

Saleen tank.jpg

Vlocity, Here is a pic of the install for reference. I just trimmed down the mounting bracket and used an existing bolt (the one that used to hold the intercooler loop T in place) to secure it. Would have been much easier without having to modify the Moroso bracket to move it over several inches. Anyway, hope this helps.

·
It's got 7" pistons!
8,410 Posts
View attachment 2153

Vlocity, Here is a pic of the install for reference. I just trimmed down the mounting bracket and used an existing bolt (the one that used to hold the intercooler loop T in place) to secure it. Would have been much easier without having to modify the Moroso bracket to move it over several inches. Anyway, hope this helps.
Thanks. I couldn't tell from the website. They didn't even spec it out? I'm trying to find something that would hold several gallons & can be mounted in the fender well "post" HX...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts