Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just picked up my 16 V and looking to buy weapon x lowering springs for it down the line has anyone ran them to give me feedback on how the car rides compared to factory ride. Would love to know the difference always have used eibach on my last V’s. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
I have the Weapon X springs on my car, ride height is perfect and it still rides just as good as factory!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome brother thank you for the help I’m sure they are good just wanted to hear from someone because the factory ride is real smooth.

·
Registered
189 Posts
quick note if you plan on putting LT headers in the future it'll be super low. I recently put the LT and wanted to buy the springs but with the stock height, the LT headers scrape almost everywhere especially with passengers.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
quick note if you plan on putting LT headers in the future it'll be super low. I recently put the LT and wanted to buy the springs but with the stock height, the LT headers scrape almost everywhere especially with passengers.
Wow really? I have big American Racing headers and I've legit never heard them touch anything. I'd like to think my car is pretty low.

Untitled by Will Dugas, on Flickr

It even clears speed bumps without issue, I obviously drive it like its lowered though and ease over everything.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have 2" LT headers and If I go just a notch faster on a speed bump, itll hit. I'll try to put a pic from the side to show how low is the LT's. Where I live speedbumps are a bit higher than anywhere else. BTW nice car man

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Will - your car looks sick, as yours always have.

The V3 in stock form looks WAY better than the V2 did in terms of fender gap, etc. But I guess everyone like to go a little lower.

With my V2, I'm much happier with the ride and handling with the stock setup. But my wife's Audi, even slammed, rides great and actually handles FAR better than stock. I guess it varies with each vehicle how lowering affects it...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like Weapon X for the win. I wonder how hard they are to install for the DIY guy....
Brother really easy look at google and put in 2016 ats v spring install or on weapon x site and both cars have the same suspension set up weapon x shows how to do it on the ats v. I just redid mine yesterday and was easy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PS ANYONE GETS A CLUNK NOISE THAT SOUNDS LIKE LOOSE SPRINGS OR LOOSE SUSPENSION COMING FROM THE STRUT AREA IT IS THE STRUT MOUNT THEY SEEM TO GO OUT PRETTY EASY AND THEY WEAR OUT LEARNED THAT AFTER WEEKS OF HEADACHE AND IT WAS THE STRUT MOUNT THATS WAS WORN DOWN FROM previous owner tracking the car. This new V suspension seems weaker than old models my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like Weapon X for the win. I wonder how hard they are to install for the DIY guy....

I'm a DIY guy too, but my tech in town who does alot of suspension work charged me $500 including a full alignment that he wants to do in 2 weeks. Took a certified tech 4 hours treating my car like it was his own. Didn't want to tackle that job on my 18 with 300 miles.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Anyone know if you need a coil clamp or does it just pop out like on the V2s?
you'll need to compress the springs off and on the struts in front.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts