Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Lowering and Eibach springs

3K views 39 replies 10 participants last post by  CTS_Kenny 
#1 ·
Just a quick question about lowering a Coupe. When throwing on Eibachs does that make our(my)V’s drive any different? A little rougher perhaps? I am considering this mod, but don’t wanna sacrifice Lucille’s smooth drive. I do live out in the country where the roads aren’t the best

#18 ·
Have you considered coil overs vs or are you wanting to keep mag ride? Does mag ride work with just springs?

I’m considering Menscer suspension maybe this summer. Don’t really want to drop the car as most after market coil overs do naturally (KW says .8”F/1.4”R and BC Not sure. Can anyone confirm?)

#11 · (Edited)
Can anyone verify if that’s Black Diamond Tricoat paint in the pics above? I’ve always thought it was but have doubts bc it‘s always looked a little dark gray metallic, but I dunno
Too dirty for me to tell from the pictures. It looks like my front bumper which has little pit marks from road debris.

You could check the RPO code on the bottom of the spare tire cover or ask someone to look it up by the VIN.

#12 ·
I have 2 sets of splitters and have got pretty good at repairing them. My original set is from KPE and is the 3 piece set and my spares are from eBay and are good quality and come in handy when the KPE's are on the repair bench. Usually takes 2 days to repair.

#14 ·
Probably a homemade version.

#16 ·
I was just guessing.

Reactions: loweredd
#23 ·
I have a 2012 wagon with those springs. It came lowered when I bought it so I cannot advise on ride quality difference. I can confirm that the front splitter gets destroyed all the time and the front tires rub fender well in tight parking lot turns.

The previous owner installed a small trailer hitch to prevent the back end from scrapping when entering a steep driveway. I have bashed it several times-he was spot on.

I have a 2022 Blackwing on order. Will be leaving the stock ride height in place...

#31 ·
The more I think about it and look at it, it looks more gray. It is metallic btw. I just looked up 2012 CTS colors and there’s one called Thunder gray ChromaFlair which must me it if that color is metallic 🤷🏼

#33 ·
Definitely not thunder grey, it is certainly black diamond tricoat. The black diamond has so much metallic it does look grey in some angles

#34 ·
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

#35 ·
My thunder grey coupe

#37 ·
It has alot of pearl the chromaflair is sort of gm’s take on like a chameleon type paint, in some light it’s grey, in low light it looks a little greenish, and in some light it has a sort of golden highlights affect, I personally think it’s one of the better colors Cadillac put on these cars especially with a full chrome delete. Very stealthy IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.