Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In need of some help while I am waiting to hear back from my tuner.

I just had my 2013 V tuned with Headers, 2.45, E85, BR7EFs @0.024, less than 300 miles/ 2 weeks ago. I had it tuned on E52

I felt a very minute surging when under very light throttle (1200-2000rpm) and deceleration in the same rpm range. I checked my wires sure enough cylinder 3 wire had some heat damage from the header, I swapped it out with a new wire and plug.

I then log the car, I an seeing 2-6 misfires randomly on all cylinders in the condition listed above.The car runs/logs perfectly fine at WOT and regular acceleration. I am running E67 currently and am wondering what may be causing the minute misfires. It has not thrown a code yet, but I’d like to think these are preventable.

Any help would be appreciated, I can provide pictures of the log file if necessary.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a VERY similar issue with my car a couple of years ago. Misfires on all cylinders at idle and low rpms (under ~2k) and then smooth beyond that. Also Ethanol + Bolt-ons. Tried new BR7EF plugs, checked all the wires, no luck.

Tuner and shop I went to insisted there's something wrong with the car and wanted to charge another $350 for a compression and leak down test. Wouldn't care to acknowledge that there was no misfire prior to them tuning it. Cut my losses and took it somewhere else. Matt at DMS re-tuned it and it ran like butter. Not sure exactly what he changed in the tune but mentioned that the previous tuner must have used a baseline from another car with different injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly doubt it’s mechanical based, if it was I would see symptoms at wot and throttle. I am thinking its due to 15% greater ethanol content, going to put some 93 in to get the ethanol mixture down and see if that fixes the issue.

I had a VERY similar issue with my car a couple of years ago. Misfires on all cylinders at idle and low rpms (under ~2k) and then smooth beyond that. Also Ethanol + Bolt-ons. Tried new BR7EF plugs, checked all the wires, no luck.

Tuner and shop I went to insisted there's something wrong with the car and wanted to charge another $350 for a compression and leak down test. Wouldn't care to acknowledge that there was no misfire prior to them tuning it. Cut my losses and took it somewhere else. Matt at DMS re-tuned it and it ran like butter. Not sure exactly what he changed in the tune but mentioned that the previous tuner must have used a baseline from another car with different injectors.
What gap wwere you running on the BR7ef’s, I may open mine from 0.024 to 0.028

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
Have you talked about this with your tuner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,939 Posts
Nevermind, I see above you are waiting to hear back from the tuner.

That’s where you should find your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I highly doubt it’s mechanical based, if it was I would see symptoms at wot and throttle. I am thinking its due to 15% greater ethanol content, going to put some 93 in to get the ethanol mixture down and see if that fixes the issue.

What gap wwere you running on the BR7ef’s, I may open mine from 0.024 to 0.028
I believe I had mine at 0.028 but can't say for sure. Definitely check with your tuner first about the misfire. If he's tuned it right, the ethanol percentage shouldn't make a difference on how the car is running (other than power).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts