Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New tires are on the horizon for our v2.. looking at the mickey thompson street comp, But not many reviews when it comes to the v crowd.. not trying to be cheap just looking for whats out there outside of the go to classics..

Thanks.. I'am also looking at the continental extremecontact sport

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
New tires are on the horizon for our v2.. looking at the mickey thompson street comp, But not many reviews when it comes to the v crowd.. not trying to be cheap just looking for whats out there outside of the go to classics..

Seriously, "not many reviews"? Sorry bud there are shit ton of discussions about tires.

Lots of guys swear by the Michelin PS4s and there have been converts for the slightly less money Contis...both of which won't have you feeling squirrelly in the rain.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I had good results with the Conti's.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seriously, "not many reviews"? Sorry bud there are shit ton of discussions about tires.

Lots of guys swear by the Michelin PS4s and there have been converts for the slightly less money Contis...both of which won't have you feeling squirrelly in the rain.
Yes I know there are plenty of reviews.. but iam looking more for those that are specific to the V..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what iam reading the contact sports are definitely a go to next to ps4's.

Anybody real world life span mileage on contact sports?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anything I put on will be better than the all seasons that are on there now. Btw I didn't put them on they were already on when we got car.

They will also see roughly 15 miles daily so I imagine anything I get should last a good while

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Anything I put on will be better than the all seasons that are on there now. Btw I didn't put them on they were already on when we got car.

They will also see roughly 15 miles daily so I imagine anything I get should last a good while
My buddy just did the Contis because he couldn't get the PS4s and is liking them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a commercial driver license so I don't go to Mexico or stomp on the street..I take it to the track..

So daily driving is point A to point B

Also over on the Corvette side of things the Firehawk Indy 500 is getting good words. Iam torn

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nitto 555G2s are a pretty good summer tire. They bite pretty well.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
MT ET Streets or GTFO, LOL. It's all I ran for about 3-4 years. They're great. The tread life blows, but it's expected.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I’ve had a couple of set of Firestone Fire-hawk Indy 500’s really like the tires and even ran them at a track day and they were pretty predictable. They work well in the rain and are quieter than the Michelin’s that I had in the past. And I think they also have better straight line traction as well.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
You will get as many answers as asking what is the best oil.

I have Michelin PS 4S on the porsche and they are great. My previous Michelin PSS were also great and the tread lasted a long time for the amount of grip they have.
The PS 4S seems better in every way but don’t know tread life yet but seems good.
Only problem is they are pretty expensive.

I have been putting Kumho PS91’s on my V and they are like half the price of the Michelin and basically equivalent to the Michelin in dry and cornering performance. Treadwear and wet performance is not quite as good but for sure way more than 50% (maybe 80%) so it is worth it to me.

I have used Conti extreme contacts on my BMW before and they were great too. I honestly would just go by whatever has the best factory rebate whenever you go to buy. When I bought the Michelin PS 4S recently I got a $100 rebate so it was a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
No but really, what is the best oil??!! :ROFLMAO:
75W90 Unicorn tears
I use it and have 200psi oil pressure at hot idle its AMAZINGGGGG

·
Registered
808 Posts
As to the topic of this post, I run the ExtremeContact Sports and they're pretty good. Don't have a lot of miles on them as the car is a toy, but at 340 tw, they're going to last a while as long as your alignment is good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts