Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping a guy rebuild his 10’ V. Got motor back in car headers are in, working on front accessories, on the alternator bracket, which location does the stud go in and which hose brackets go on it. I am looking for a picture of the accessory drive with one of the DSX idler pulley and bracket. Any pictures or guidance will be great

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you,

It seems I have the stud and bolt across from it flipped but I have the idler in the right place. Power steering reservoir bolts went it from the head side not the front, got that done. AC belt sucked but not that bad. Water pump is back in put had put it on before power steering pump so I could get the oil cooler water line connected to it.

The wiring, I had one ground on the back of the drivers head( small ring terminal in the harness), the passenger head had two harness grounds, one bigger than the other, and then there is this 4ga ground that I hooked to the back of the head, does it ground to the strut tower stiffener bolts or to the welded stud just above the ecm?

Again thanks for the help, I am a TBSS guy so its sitting next to the V in the garage waiting for me to finish up so cold side piping work and tuning. Trying to get both done for SCT in a few months.....

·
Registered
927 Posts
As long as the engine is grounded from the battery, and the frame is grounded to the battery, it doesn't really make a lick of difference where the grounds go as long as they're clean and tight. I've done a bunch of wire tucks in my day to tidy up some engine bays, so moving grounds is something I'm familiar with.

·
Registered
927 Posts
But to answer your question no there is no ground on the strut tower bar, usually if the eyelets are different sizes they go to different places also but like I said as long as they're making good contact it'll be fine. Some people say you get "noise" on ground wires if they're hooked together but I've only seen issue with stuff like that when you're dealing with audio stuff or a gauge or something that needs a really clean signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, so on the LSA I am trying to figure out the steam vent plumbing obvious on the head fittings up front, I assume the metal tubes stuck up in the air, where did the ends with the clamps attach to? And these things must be a bitch to swap plugs on them..... got a set of BR7EF and was going to gap about .028?
I do appreciate the time answering my questions

Steve

·
Registered
927 Posts
You can look up the diagram for the steam hoses on gmpartsdirect, but honestly with how brittle all those quick connects are you're better off buying a kit or piecing one together. Random84 has an awesome write up for his steam vent install if you search it. Plugs are no big deal in these, and I'm not sure on gap or plug choice, depends what you have going on for mods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts