Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate...definitely will look into it. Otherwise can anyone confirm the part number from gmpartsdirect for the carbon fiber diffuser...

gmpartsdirect have the price less than $2300.00. Any accessories needed?

I will confirm what other members have stated about WeaponX.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will say this I have many Weapon X carbon fiber parts on my car. Yes I had to wait for them and paid up front. I will say this they came and they all fit, some better than others but in reality a little file here a little grinding here and there they fit fine.. They fit way better than the stuff on ebay, but I also learned how to make it work..None of it is plug and play and you need some skills to make it work.

My list from ebay
Hood vent
Front Splitter
Side skirts
Rear Spoiler.

Weapon X
DRL Vents
Front wheel openings
Side mirrors
Rear Diffuser
Cold Air Intake
Engine Cover

Savage Cadillac
Shark Fin antenna cover

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered DRL Vents, Font Wheel Openings and Side Mirrors from Weapon X. I will confirm having to pay up front, waiting 7 months for the parts and having to file and dremel to make everything fit. That being said you will receive high quality CF.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered DRL Vents, Font Wheel Openings and Side Mirrors from Weapon X. I will confirm having to pay up front, waiting 7 months for the parts and having to file and dremel to make everything fit. That being said you will receive high quality CF.
Depends on what you call high quality.. What I received was crap, with several defects.. Even worse was when they told me I
Tape measure Plant Tints and shades Tool Terrestrial plant
was supposed to get a good one. I call that BS.
Tape measure Plant Tints and shades Tool Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
670 Posts
Appreciate...definitely will look into it. Otherwise can anyone confirm the part number from gmpartsdirect for the carbon fiber diffuser...

gmpartsdirect have the price less than $2300.00. Any accessories needed?

I will confirm what other members have stated about WeaponX.
Watch out for GM Parts Direct and all the other dealer sponsored online part sites. It'll look like you're getting a deal, until you get to the shipping charge. All GM/Ford dealer online parts sites are scams with their shipping rates. It'd be against the rules of even Ebay to gouge customers the way they do. TERRIBLE.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
670 Posts
I ordered all the same CF from them as you in one shot, the mirror covers, front vents, side skirts, and front wheel "spats," plus the Gen1 CAI and lowering springs. I Had to send the first set of mirror covers back outta the box, after waiting 4 months for them, no less, because of piss poor bubbling clear coat and a broken mounting tab. "We don't know how we missed that during inspection." Yeah, ok. When I received a replacement set, the covers failed to follow the curvature of the mirror stem, but the clear was only "scuffed" this time-VICTORY! I polished them up, and close enough for government work. Fuck it. Spat fitment was wonky due to the somewhat bent angle of their mounting tabs (another defect), one of which broke within 2 months because of the lateral tension placed on it by the splitter. The front vents were surprisingly good with fit and finish. I guess even a broken clock is right 2x/day. The side skirts were great, but WeaponX didn't manufacture them, NOVESKE did, with WX just being a retailer.

Non-CF wise, I am happy with their lowering springs, and they actually shipped those within 1 month alongside the CAI. The CAI SUCKED regarding looks and fitment, but it was cheap, and you get what you pay for. Maybe their new Gen 2 setup is better, but one can only hope.

That being said, and against my better judgement, I got frisky, and ordered their rear diffuser back in early 19. It just looked so much more "sporty & defined." Their site specifically stated "book matched CF weave" to match that of the factory parts. FALSE...just a uni-directional weave. Didn't even pull that shit outta the box to see what other abominations might be present. Again, "We don't know how we missed that during inspection." Again, yeah, ok. Waited 9 months for THAT disappointment, and that was BEFORE Covid hit. BEST part is that they eventually sent me a label to ship it from my house directly to their NEXT sucker, and only refunded me once the freight company picked it up, TWO MONTHS later. WORST part is that I got to store a 14"x7'x4' box of THEIR shit in my garage until they found that next sucker. I was even forced to contact them multiple times to figure out when they were going to pick that piece of shit up and refund my money since I didn't hear from them in the 4 weeks since my receipt of their garbage. Such great customer service, it's like they forgot about me. And hell, why wouldn't they? They already had my $$, right! Glad I could store it for them, though, free of charge for all that time. Oh, and I was elated to schedule MYSELF around the pickup date and time the freight company dictated, 12-6pm. If I recall, they got to me at 7:30. NO COUPON, NO DISCOUNT CODE, NOTHING OFFERED FOR MY TROUBLE REGARDING FUTURE PURCHASES (which wouldn't be ANYTHING carbon fiber, btw -Lesson learned).

My final BITCH is that they claim it's American Made. Their other engine performance parts MAY be, but ALL their CF comes from Xi Xinpeng himself. FACT. I inquired as to the status of the aforementioned diffuser, and they replied that the container was in port, but still needed to clear customs. I SHIT YOU NOT. And there is no way ANYONE is inspecting this stuff, unless they've got glaucoma. It comes off the ship in the same sealed box in which it arrives at your house. Nobody is unpacking and repacking this shit.

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
670 Posts
Is the owner of this car a member here?

Am I crazy, or does that aluminum literally rivet INTO the rear diffuser and block the revere lamps? MAYBE it's an option on a black plastic or fuct up CF diffuser, but DEFINITELY not on a good CF one. This looks like a second-hand salvage car hide-the-damage piece.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.