Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of these and searching for one more.
I had two, but one is lost.
These are from the Art Deco era off of a ’56 I think.
It’s a front fender emblem, 14” in length, pewter, about an 1/8” thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it. 47-52 Fender script. Doesn't mention measurements, though

Edit: It does. Lists 16X4X4. I seriously doubt you want one 4in thick.
I'd like to have that one, but their price is a bit steep..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Agreed. But as a casual follower of your build thread, what difference will $125 make in the grand scheme of things? At least, that's what I've told my wife once or twice...:p

Actually, this comment may fit better in the Open Letter thread...

On a serious note, is this for use on your build? Custom vinyl decals may be an option.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed. But as a casual follower of your build thread, what difference will $125 make in the grand scheme of things? At least, that's what I've told my wife once or twice...:p
well I could show you the spreadsheet…
it’s precisely that “in for a penny, in for a Pound” hook that drags us down the rabbit hole…

On a serious note, is this for use on your build?
Not to worry, not sticking these on the V fenders! But they are related to the build.

Custom vinyl decals may be an option.
¡NO! God, NO!!!! Please!

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Actually, the specific emblem I need is specifically 1956 ONLY (of course!) EDIT, I was wrong... some sources show the emblem I need to be 47-'52 applications and '56 they didn't actually HAVE the Cadillac script on the Fenders.

1953-4-5:

1956:
1947~1952 ?

1957-8:

Note the first letter is the easiest tell.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
That might look pretty good on your valve covers.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you mean…

sorta like this?

hmmmm

why didn’t I think o’ that

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Yeah baby! You're welcome!

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah baby! You're welcome!
Yeah that was one of the criteria for the valve cover selection (and drove the remote coil mount decision); besides having the vents and baffles, they had to work with these badges. These were the only valve covers that had the vents AND used these really small diameter washers.

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
324 Posts
Heritage appreciation! Where do you plan to relocate the coils, when I installed the B15, I had absolutely no room anywhere I could imagine to relocate the packs, currently my beautiful 'orange' covers with the branding are buried under brackets and packs?
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
there is apparently enough between the blower and the firewall when using the Maggie unit. Vengeance Racing has some pics of a white V that they built with the coils mounted there. I talked with the guy with Vengeance (yes it took some time to get the call-back) and he was helpful except about the coil mount. He said they made them custom for their builds and no, he would not sell me one or even provide a pic.
So, I’ll fab it myself but I did buy some coil mount bracket kit as a starting point but I really won’t know until I get the Maggie installed.
The pics I’ve seen, there is lots of room. There’s some room behind the LSA blower when you’ve got the ZL1 lid but I didn’t ever measure it.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, yah

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Make sure to post a picture when you get to that point.
And speaking of pictures... are you gonna not tell us about that cool-ass strut brace? Hmmmm?

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found an emblem. A guy had one on eBay a little while back but I thought it was over priced. Then it was gone, of course, and I had the regret for hesitating. It popped back up so I bought it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
there is apparently enough between the blower and the firewall when using the Maggie unit. Vengeance Racing has some pics of a white V that they built with the coils mounted there. I talked with the guy with Vengeance (yes it took some time to get the call-back) and he was helpful except about the coil mount. He said they made them custom for their builds and no, he would not sell me one or even provide a pic.
So, I’ll fab it myself but I did buy some coil mount bracket kit as a starting point but I really won’t know until I get the Maggie installed.
The pics I’ve seen, there is lots of room. There’s some room behind the LSA blower when you’ve got the ZL1 lid but I didn’t ever measure it.

If you need any material (steel, angle, bits, taps maybe more...) lemme know. I have easy access to that stuff on a normal basis depending on my job

1 - 20 of 22 Posts