Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Cadillac CTS-V 6 Piston Yellow Brembo Calipers Front & Rear w/pads pins ZL1 | eBay

I think the powdercoated yellow will look the best on my light blue wrap, but I am open to suggestions. I'm also willing to buy from a vendor on here if they have any brembo brake calipers. I'm not sure how good our stock brakes are suppose to be but I don't feel like mine are up to par. I was looking for new calipers and found these. Does anyone have any experience with these or can someone offer another brand that works well for our cars. I will also be buying new rotors while I'm at it to fix everything all at once. Thanks, Jay

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe with a blue wrap. Cam, smaller pulley, larger injectors, methanol injection.
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you purchase them from Karch? I'm pretty sure I have 20" wheels so I shouldn't have any fitment issues. Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
dam im putting some 16" brembos on my wifes escalade right now

i wish you had a set of 16" rotors with 8 lugs, want to put an extra set of calipers on my dmax

Reactions: Karch

·
Registered
484 Posts
dam im putting some 16" brembos on my wifes escalade right now

i wish you had a set of 16" rotors with 8 lugs, want to put an extra set of calipers on my dmax
Have you checked out Wilwood for your DMax? They offer 6 piston calipers and 15”-16” rotors depending on the year…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,601 Posts
New Cadillac CTS-V 6 Piston Yellow Brembo Calipers Front & Rear w/pads pins ZL1 | eBay

I think the powdercoated yellow will look the best on my light blue wrap, but I am open to suggestions. I'm also willing to buy from a vendor on here if they have any brembo brake calipers. I'm not sure how good our stock brakes are suppose to be but I don't feel like mine are up to par. I was looking for new calipers and found these. Does anyone have any experience with these or can someone offer another brand that works well for our cars. I will also be buying new rotors while I'm at it to fix everything all at once. Thanks, Jay
The V2 stock brakes are well respected. Many other platforms do a brake swap to the V2.
We had a guy on here with a G8 GTX with V2 brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Checked my wheels and they're nineteens. I'm pretty sure the web page said you have to have 20's for those specific calipers. I'll check again to make sure.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks papi, I just checked them to make sure and luckily they will work with 19's.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
747 Posts
These are stock V2 calipers. Why wouldn't they work? They are the same calipers your car came with.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
These are stock V2 calipers. Why wouldn't they work? They are the same calipers your car came with.
I think he meant Karch's with the 16" rotors?

Reactions: suprahero and Karch

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
747 Posts
Post #1

I'm not sure how good our stock brakes are suppose to be but I don't feel like mine are up to par. I was looking for new calipers and found these. Does anyone have any experience with these or can someone offer another brand that works well for our cars.
Maybe I'm reading differently than he meant it? He asks if anyone has tried these. THAT'S why I said they are what's on his car.

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
I really want to Convert my Wagon to carbon....

I really don't want to drop $7k on it!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Post #1

Maybe I'm reading differently than he meant it? He asks if anyone has tried these. THAT'S why I said they are what's on his car.

My bad guys, I didn't know our cars came stock with brembo brakes. In the supra world, this is an upgrade, not stock. I bought brembo for my supra as an upgrade because it needed them badly.

Now that I know they're the same, I guess all I need to do is powdercoat them yellow. I don't know of a local shop that does it where they can still put the V on them after the powdercoating.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Buy that set and sell your stock ones on ebay when you swap.
I did that a few years back when I swapped from silver to yellow and ended up with only about $250 out of pocket.

·
Registered
642 Posts
My bad guys, I didn't know our cars came stock with brembo brakes. In the supra world, this is an upgrade, not stock. I bought brembo for my supra as an upgrade because it needed them badly.

Now that I know they're the same, I guess all I need to do is powdercoat them yellow. I don't know of a local shop that does it where they can still put the V on them after the powdercoating.
However you choose, if you go with powder there are people that sell the high temp decals for the calipers, I’ve seen them on eBay etc just google it

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're not so mean Mike.........thanks for the decals. I ordered them already and I'll powdercoat my existing calipers when my new yellow powder gets here. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
2012 V Coupe Auto Sunroof
342 Posts

WHAT? I’m don’t mean to act Karch here, but you’ve got 232 post on here and at this point you didn’t know V2’s came with Brembo brakes? Am I missing something?🤷🏻‍♂️ #Justsayin

1 - 20 of 47 Posts