Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is at Massey Cadillac in Orlando. Too bad it has a busted front splitter and all of the coating on the wheels was failing. I could have looked past the stone chips on the bumper but the other issues turned me off considering they wanted $55K for the car.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
2,601 Posts
That does seem cheap. What was the mileage?
Was it an autocross car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
642 Posts
That does seem cheap. What was the mileage?
Was it an autocross car?

Yea, there’s a white one and a black one on eBay right now, white at 120k and black at 90k granted both are less then 10k miles but op’s is a little more then half the cost of those. I’m not on the up and up of the v3’s but definitely seems cheap unless the mileage is really high

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Yea, there’s a white one and a black one on eBay right now, white at 120k and black at 90k granted both are less then 10k miles but op’s is a little more then half the cost of those. I’m not on the up and up of the v3’s but definitely seems cheap unless the mileage is really high
I think the car in the OP is an atsv, explains the price difference between the ctsv CE on eBay. Very nice looking editions on both of them!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it's an ATS-V. Pretty sure it's posted in the ATS-V section. Has 45,000 miles.

I did not get a detailed look at the interior as it was in the showroom. No major damage jumped out at me but it was too dark to see anything minor.

Did not see both Keys nor if it had the floor mats or manuals.

The coating was failing on all 4 wheels in a weird way and the spoiler was split in 2 places.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
To be fair, recoating the wheels in any color you want is like $100 a wheel for a dedicated wheel shop.

Plus the splitter, call it $1k in repairs and negotiate

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Funny, they had a 2017 CTSV there a few months back. They wanted $78K, brakes rotor had a shudder, sunroof cover was grinding, front lip was cracked and had rash on the edge of the rear bumper like it clipped something. They wouldnt budge on the price even tho the lip alone is $2K to replace from GM.

·
Premium Member
13,456 Posts
wheels were probably already repaired and thats why they are failing- would be my guess anyhow
the overcoat and procedure of getting the "shadow" look on top of the black base is critical

·
Registered
113 Posts
So I had the chrome peeling on 3 off my 4 wheels when I had 14 ats premium. They were the polished chrome multi sponge ones that were stand with the top trim level during that time. Car was under bumper to bumper but Cadillac replaced all four wheels brand new. This car might have cpo warranty? Worth a shot?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Dealer called today at 11 AM and said they were getting the wheels "fixed" and I asked if they were replacing them. Nope. He called again at 6:40 PM saying they are all fixed and "Look perfect". Probably one of the guys that travel dealer lots with a van full of paint spray cans touching stuff up.

There goes the chance of ever getting the wheels replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny, they had a 2017 CTSV there a few months back. They wanted $78K, brakes rotor had a shudder, sunroof cover was grinding, front lip was cracked and had rash on the edge of the rear bumper like it clipped something. They wouldnt budge on the price even tho the lip alone is $2K to replace from GM.
If it was bright red it's still there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
A buddy of mine that loves my 2011 V-coupe approached me at the gym and was all excited because he had an opportunity to buy a 2016 CTS-V with 10K miles for under $50K. I was like, that can't be right, is it a branded title or something? Are you sure it's not a V-sport? His bank was amazed as well and couldn't believe this deal but he got pre-approved. Turns out it was an ATS-V, great car but not the same beast at all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A buddy of mine that loves my 2011 V-coupe approached me at the gym and was all excited because he had an opportunity to buy a 2016 CTS-V with 10K miles for under $50K. I was like, that can't be right, is it a branded title or something? Are you sure it's not a V-sport? His bank was amazed as well and couldn't believe this deal but he got pre-approved. Turns out it was an ATS-V, great car but not the same beast at all.
Lol that’s funny. Ya there’s no nice low mileage v3’s priced at 50k. Unless the car has like 80k miles or more and looks like it went through hell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts