Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I finally pulled the trigger and joined up.
Anyway glad to be here, with tons of info that I need to read lol. Have had my V for 3years now and had a coupe v6 prior to as a daily(live in East texas). Just recent here in the last few years I've been slowly modding here and there and still has a little bit to go in my opinion. Thanks for reading

2012 BDT Coupe slick top

1968 GTO

And please forgive my ignorance. Haha I would like to learn as much at possible, and I technically know nada

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,259 Posts
Welcome.

And how about the GTO…RA II with 4 speed and 4.33’s? I had a ‘65 for a long time, sold it to help fund my V. Buddy has a restomod ‘73 Grand Am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.

And how about the GTO…RA II with 4 speed and 4.33’s? I had a ‘65 for a long time, sold it to help fund my V. Buddy has a restomod ‘73 Grand Am.

Thank you

It's not a RA. But has RA 3 (I believe )exhaust. Her and hers Hurst, hide away headlights, 3.36 rear end all original except the paint, all numbers matching. Really?? that would be a hard decision both awesome cars. And those restos are hard to beat, I don't think I seen one that I havent liked ! I moved out here 2 years ago and built a shop and now have room to work lol. So it's starting soon with a huge clean down. Hasn't been started in 2.5yrs

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks great. Any wheels in the near future?

Thank you, well I've thought about it off and on for a while now. I really like the OE wheels.. maybe some welds for the back or something.... but I've still got a little more motor work todo before I can move on to something else lol....

·
Premium Member
‘13 WDT A6 sedan, headers, intake, two booster seats in the back.
3,048 Posts
Understood.
The V pattern on the stock wheels are nice.
With it being a coupe, and the width options you have, I hope you will focus on them at some point in the near future (12 inches).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Understood.
The V pattern on the stock wheels are nice.
With it being a coupe, and the width options you have, I hope you will focus on them at some point in the near future (12 inches).

I'm sure I will definitely, I need to focus on getting my pulleys reconfigured( again excuse my ignorance I have alot to learn) I didn't think to compensate when I did the BTR 2 cam with duration and lost psi. Screwed myself on that one. But it will be in the future, there are some great options out there.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT Silver/Black
114 Posts
I'm sure I will definitely, I need to focus on getting my pulleys reconfigured( again excuse my ignorance I have alot to learn) I didn't think to compensate when I did the BTR 2 cam with duration and lost psi. Screwed myself on that one. But it will be in the future, there are some great options out there.
I'm far from an expert. But I'm pretty sure I've learned certain mods will increase power but lower boost (like headers), which actually isn't a bad thing. Because more boost increases heat which isnt good. So more power @ less boost is a good thing. And for what it's worth, I LOVE my stock black rims on my coupe and I think they look better than any aftermarket rims I've seen on our cars. And wouldn't change them for anything, unless I was swapping on drag radials specifically for the strip or something. In my experience, anytime I've put aftermarket rims on any of my cars the ride quality went out the window. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes you are correct, my tuner said the same... headers will be coming the same time the pulleys do. My goal was at least 600 to the ground and I fell short so I was disappointed. But I just figured out that I had the DSX e85 module(on another thread I started). Again my ignorance. But trying to learn lol. so with learning that as well I think I'm going to push my goal post higher. He did say headers and pulleys I should be way over 600 to the ground. Then I need to take advantage of that e85 lol. Thanks on the rims, and I agree ride quality is over lol but I do intend to get some back wheels at some point for the more spirited driving, and keep the blacks and drag radials for a just in case fun lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.